Respected Contributor

Re: Marauding 'adults' in Easter Egg Hunt...Deplorable!

[ Edited ]

I wonder how the parents at this event feel after seeing it reported on national news?  I imagine some are embarrassed, but most are not.

Sadly, I think this kind of selfish, crude, immature behavior and sense of entitlement is becoming more pervasive in our society.  It is especially frightening when this type of behavior is apparent in those who are supposed to be role models and leaders, those who we are supposed to look up to. The dumbing down of America.  Yes, indeed.

Honored Contributor

Many adults are extremely ignorant at kids' events whether it's egg hnts, kids' sports, it matters not.

The adults/parents are exactly the reason why kids grow up to be extremely ignorant as well.  They see how their parents act and behave and they think this is the way of life so they carry on as they grow up.

We wonder why kids are they way they are?  Step back and watch their ignorant parents' behavior patterns and language.

Trusted Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I saw this on the news. It is very discouraging to witness how adults behave in this 'new world'.

This bad behavior seems to be the new normal. No consequences for anyone any more, it seems.

This "new world" gets sicker by the day.  And you are so right -- NO consequences.  Society is going to heck in a handbasket  at an alarming rate.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Many adults are extremely ignorant at kids' events whether it's egg hnts, kids' sports, it matters not.

The adults/parents are exactly the reason why kids grow up to be extremely ignorant as well.  They see how their parents act and behave and they think this is the way of life so they carry on as they grow up.

We wonder why kids are they way they are?  Step back and watch their ignorant parents' behavior patterns and language.

@PINKdogWOOD - I agree with what you said and I'm wondering if the parents of these kids were influenced by their parents (grandparents of the participants)?  Like you said the behavior is passed from generation to generation.

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

Hmm, lets do the math.  These kids were about four, so, make an assumption that the parents were, more likely than not, say about 30ish.  The parents graduated from schools whereby the mantra of the schools were pushing the self esteem tune.  They had been pushing that for about 15 years. ( A teacher on the forum may correct me on that.)  A long term study done on self esteem provided some startling statistics.  Lo and behold, the groups with the highest self esteem were gang members in Los Angles.  Hmm, so what were these parents acting out......they were performing as those that had been indoctrinated are want to do. Me first.  The bell weather incantation of the self esteem generation.

The kids went up to age 12, which means the parents involved were most likely raised by the same generation which most often posts right here on Chat.

Oh no, "say it isnt so"

Esteemed Contributor

That is totally disgusting and deplorable.  If I were the head of this event, I would cancel next year and let the public know why. Sad for the children, but the parents could have a fun event with a block party.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I don't know if people get caught up in the moment or what. But I don't care what age the parents are, if you can't go to a kids event and not act like a fool, stay home.

Honored Contributor

One word: Anarchy.  

Honored Contributor

My guess is someone will sue the sponsor, so no future egg hunt event will happen. sad

Honored Contributor

And this happened at a kindergarten play:

http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/trending-now/parents-fight-cancels-kindergarten-play/179848084

My heart breaks for those little ones that were probably so eager to perform their play and then idiots like this ruin what would have been a wonderful time for everyone.

Sigh.