Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Did all these "mandatory" governors pass laws?  Executive orders are not laws.....

@CelticCrafter 

I read about many of these states, but I have not heard anyone talking about following the steps necessary to pass state laws. If there are some states doing so, I would appreciate someone letting me know which ones.

As you say, executive orders can be easily changed, laws take more than 1 person to make them valid.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

To all those who argue about the benefits of wearing a mask, would you allow your surgeon and OR team not to wear masks or gloves during surgery if they found it uncomfortable for a 4 hour operation? How about a 6hr or 12 hr surgery? After all, they don't do anything and are really uncomfortable.

@reiki604 

Wasn't aware I had a choice. Every surgery I have had, which is many, they were done in a closed room. 

Less I am mistaken, I believe those are a bit more enforceable, than say me minding my own business walking our dog.

hckynut(john)

Whooosh....................right over your head

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good.

People were upset when drunk driving first became illegal too. Too bad. Just wear your mask and stop acting like a child about it. No one should have to enforce this at all. We should be willing to do at least the bare minimum to get rid of a nasty disease that is harming our families and destroying our economy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Mandatory Masks in NC

[ Edited ]

I appreciate what Gov. Roy Cooper has done!

I live in NC.  We never made it past Phase 2.  We were in Phase 1 ‘seems like forever’, doing OK, and then went to Phase 2 for about 3 weeks, 2 weeks into phase 2 our rates started to go up. So much for it going away when summer and the warm weather gets here.

Now we are back to Phase 1.  

We live in strange times.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

You put on your seatbelt. You don't drink and drive. You don't cheat on your taxes. You don't smoke inside public places...give me a break. Wear a dam mask until this virus disappears!

We are all sick of living like this. Just do whatever we can do to stop the spread.

Super Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

You put on your seatbelt. You don't drink and drive. You don't cheat on your taxes. You don't smoke inside public places...give me a break. Wear a dam mask until this virus disappears!

We are all sick of living like this. Just do whatever we can do to stop the spread.

Agreed!

Also from NC. I appreciate what our governor has done.

Adding, No shirt, no shoes, no enter!

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Valued Contributor

Our Sheriff will not enforce the wearing of masks.  Thank goodness for some sanity.  Can you imagine all the little snitchers calling 911 to report people not wearing masks? 

That said, I have worn a mask for months.  Do I think others should wear a mask around people not in their immediate circle?  Yes.  I would like to see stores enforce it for their employees and customers.  I don't care for the Governor requiring people to wear masks. 

Valued Contributor

I'm very relieved we are beginning to see the tide turning regarding attitudes towards mask wearing in my area......sadly this is due to the incredibly high infection and hospitalization numbers. 

At least people are finally starting to come together, in the city and immediate surrounding areas. We're not highly compliant yet, but we have more mask wearers than we did a week ago.

*Not speaking for the rural areas.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

We're actually in phase 2 here but I think there is a possibility we got back to phase one if the mandatory mask order doesn't slow it down. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mandatory Masks in NC

[ Edited ]

This is ramping up so much at this stage that all precautions should be mandatory and enforced as much as possible.

You want to remain free? Good, so do I -- I want the freedom to live, the freedom to at some point get back to a semblance of normalcy, and the freedom not to have to grieve over the thousand and thousands of people dead or suffering horribly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland