Honored Contributor

Re: 🤑 Making It Rain Again? 🤑

I dont think this would transfer the debt to future generations---it wouldnt take that long.....the US of A would be totally BANKRUPT and in a DEPRESSION to end all depressions and we would become the next Venzuela.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain   There  was no tax cut on real estate taxes.  In addition, you can only claim up to 10k of Real Estate  taxes when you file your federal taxes.

There are many places where people pay $20,000 + a year for real estate taxes on an average nice home...not a millionaire mansion. At $20k, that's $1167 a month just for taxes on top of your mortgage payment.

Only the rich get tax cuts, the poor pay no taxes and the middle class pays for everything..no tax cuts for us worth crowing about.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Porcelain   There  was no tax cut on real estate taxes.  In addition, you can only claim up to 10k of Real Estate  taxes when you file your federal taxes.

There are many places where people pay $20,000 + a year for real estate taxes on an average nice home...not a millionaire mansion. At $20k, that's $1167 a month just for taxes on top of your mortgage payment.

Only the rich get tax cuts, the poor pay no taxes and the middle class pays for everything..no tax cuts for us worth crowing about.

I assumed she was being sarcastic, since you are absolutely correct -- the previous tax cut did very little for anyone but the rich.

Trusted Contributor

And, how many "hidden" gifts will be given that they aren't telling us about?  Like the last one in which Congress gave themselves and their staff raises and raised their expense account $15,000 a year so each of them now get $92,000 yearly just for their expense account.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta