Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Why can't "ladies" chop up their own shirts? Lol Some don't have a husband or never did..

Anyway...pillow cases, sheets, pajamas, night gowns, tee shirts, cloth napkins, tea towels...

@LizzieInSRQ I just did one out of an old tee back our son left here.

Honored Contributor

I made two this afternoon, one for each of us.  It was the most UNFUN project I've ever sewn.  Now I know why they are charging so much for them on Etsy.

Honored Contributor

DH just picked up some bandannas. He uses it for a sweat rag while mowing.

After we saw the video we tried it but the bandanna is too short.

You can use any fabric you have, old t-****** etc. You don't have to look for something.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Why can't "ladies" chop up their own shirts? Lol Some don't have a husband or never did..

Anyway...pillow cases, sheets, pajamas, night gowns, tee shirts, cloth napkins, tea towels...

I was thinking the exact same thing @LizzieInSRQ .

I was going through my linen closet and I saw some large quilted potholders. I might give one of them a try.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Last night, I had a brainstorm to find a pattern online.  There were lots of different ones  but the one that I chose said 10 minutes.  It has elastic ear straps and pleats.  It took me 30 minutes.  I used chocolate brown cotton dinner napkins for my DH and I had a large piece of cotton fabric with a white background with a tiny blue floral print. Today, I made two for my DH and two for  myself.  I am going to wear one next Monday morning when I get my infusion.  

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  A heartfelt thank you for posting this.

Going to practice making one now!

Esteemed Contributor

@kutira 

I bought a pack of 12 on Walmart this morning.  They are listed under

Dailywear 100% Cotton Paisley Bandanas 12 pack, $14.99.

I searched directly on Walmart's site and they didn't come up.  But a Google search for cotton bandanas brought them forward.  They are the kind I used to wear as sweatbands when I ran.

They come in a variety of colors and free shipping.

Hope that helps.

Esteemed Contributor

I was going to make 2 but unfortunately I searched and my rubber bands are the small ones (no stretch) and I have no elastic. And hair ties forget it. I have short hair. I used to have hair ties when I watched my granddaughters! So I may order some. I do not sew thus I Dont have these things! I paint!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I managed to buy masks that will come this Tuesday, before all the hoopla, but also ordered a dozen bandans to fold up and make easy face coverings too. Got them on Ebay and they should be here a few days too--was going to sew up a bunch and still may to give away randomly---

Respected Contributor

I bought a ton of bandanas years ago for my dog to wear around her neck during the hot summer, I iced them down first. Now I just need to find them. 

I went to a quik trip yesterday and I was the only one wearing a mask, the cashiers were not and luckily there were only 2 customers in the store but it made me really nervous. This store is usually packed with people. I didn't touch the door or the counter.

I got out to my car and wiped the bag down and everything else I could think of. 

Cashiers need to wear masks too!