Honored Contributor

yeah, "free Shipping" usually means the dreaded

Mail innovations. I'd rather pay the freight.

if it's something that my butt is on fire to receive

I'll pay the 20 bucks extra to get.   Like gold, etc.

Esteemed Contributor
I pre ordered the Russell Stover Christmas figures which were supposed to be mailed 4/4 & still not shipped & “in progress”. It states 12/12 delivery & I am skeptical. We leave for Europe 12/17. I also have another food order due to ship 12/4 & it did but I’ve not received it as yet.

Also ordered from Janie & Jack & via tracking DHL, the package hasn’t moved in a week.
Esteemed Contributor

My USPS carrier usually arrives around 4:00 pm. Recently, he has been delivering my mail about 6:45 pm. Makes for a very long day for our carriers. I leave Kind nut/fruit bars for him to keep him going!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

My USPS carrier usually arrives around 4:00 pm. Recently, he has been delivering my mail about 6:45 pm. Makes for a very long day for our carriers. I leave Kind nut/fruit bars for him to keep him going!

I was watching Tv  at 8:45 pm when my Security camera told me there was someone on my front porch. It was the Mailman delivering my mail ...

Trusted Contributor

Our mail has been so unpredictable, sometimes they are right on time with delivering and other times I have sent letters that take 2 weeks to arrive. I assume they are short staffed but it makes it hard to send something and not know when it will get there! 

Respected Contributor

Postal carriers are working long hours and they're shipping a ton of stuff due to the holidays.  I commend them for working late into the evening when the nights are even darker these days.  The mailman delivered the mail last night around 7 pm when he normally delivers it around 12 noon, and he was dancing and happily singing to music on his headphones- it was really heartwarming to see that his spirits were up long into the work day.  Packages come on time most days and sometimes they're late, either way is alright with me.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

Postal carriers are working long hours and they're shipping a ton of stuff due to the holidays.  I commend them for working late into the evening when the nights are even darker these days.  The mailman delivered the mail last night around 7 pm when he normally delivers it around 12 noon, and he was dancing and happily singing to music on his headphones- it was really heartwarming to see that his spirits were up long into the work day.  Packages come on time most days and sometimes they're late, either way is alright with me.  Smiley Happy

@SportyShorty07   they are working hard .  Our carrier has been coming much later too ,  used to be 1 pm now closer to 4 or 5 .  He said the Christmas crunch has arrived much earlier this year .  My brother is a carrier and told us it's swamped at his station and it's all hands on deck !     They are doing there best , give them a break .  Just to note my very dear friend sent a Christmas large package last week through usps , granted she lives in the same state , but it arrived the very next day!  Ups delivered a package also from the same state from our daughter , and it took 5 days 

Esteemed Contributor

Mail Innovations is the worst! It takes forever to receive a package, especially when it's sent UPS then forwarded to USPS. 

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore   Thank your brother for me for working hard and doing a great job in his postal carrier career! Postal carriers are really resilient: they work through major holiday crunches, all weather conditions and all times of day- I really admire and respect them.  Its interesting how packages from the same state can arrive in different time frames! I've ordered items on ebay from my state of California and some arrive in 2 days and others arrive in a week- its fun to look up the tracking number and see which cities the package goes through until it reaches me. Smiley Happy