Trusted Contributor

@Snoopp , I used the form on usps you are talking about and it did seem to help get my packages moving towards me quicker  but I used this in the summer and fall.   Hopefully for people, it will help them some now.  

Honored Contributor

I'm happy to report that one of my 4 missing, overdue, packages just arrived.  A box from my friend in Utah.

3 more to go!  All have the dreaded "delayed" status. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Mail delays

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3  I have tried to respond to your post, but, obviously, have not succeeded. 

Primarily,  I wanted to thank you for your kind condolence.  And to wish you and yours a very Merry, healthy and safe Christmas and New Year.  

Keeping fingers crossed as I click "Post" for the third time.   --Mrs. G.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@Snoopp  Yes, I used it once this past summer and I got a phone message to acknowledge its receipt (since I didn't pick up in time when the phone rang) and two days later the package was locaated and delivered.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

I have no complaints against the USPS. Just a few minutes ago we saw a post office vehicle delivering mail in our neighborhood.

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Snoopp  Yes, I used it once this past summer and I got a phone message to acknowledge its receipt (since I didn't pick up in time when the phone rang) and two days later the package was locaated and delivered.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Thanks for the info.  I'm hoping it might help get my package headed in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Cakers3  I have tried to respond to your post, but, obviously, have not succeeded. 

Primarily,  I wanted to thank you for your kind condolence.  And to wish you and yours a very Merry, healthy and safe Christmas and New Year.  

Keeping fingers crossed as I click "Post" for the third time.   --Mrs. G.

@IamMrsG   You are most welcome.  And thank you for the kind holiday wishes. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I had to scramble to replace gifts as a few of my gifts that were shipped Dec 1 are not here.  The company is not much help.  They were suppose to be here thurs, then they said definitely  friday....  not here, now they say monday.  They have been in in sacramento for a week. that is a 2 hour drive from me.  The USPS IS  AMESS.   poor workers, it is NOT THEM.  they took away many of the sorters ad such to cut costs an dwe are paying for it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mail delays

[ Edited ]

Nothing has changed in my situation.  3 packages are very late and not moving.  The first a cashmere sweater from Ann Taylor.  I was supposed to get this on 12/11/20..  Still don't have.  Nothing specific on where it is.  Second package was a silver bracelet from JTV (gift) That was supposed to be delivered on 12/12/20,  It left Knoxville TN but I don't know where it is now.  Third package is from ShopHQ.  It made it to the main post office on 12/15/20 but it hasn't moved since.  So close, yet so far away. 

Update:  They found my sweater.  I will get in tomorrow.  Yay!   Still no word on the other two packages.

Esteemed Contributor

My grandson and his wife live in Baltimore. It takes two weeks for them to get anything I send them. I live in Upstate NY. I can understand why Fed Ex and UPS are in charge of delivering Covid vaccines.