Honored Contributor

I only read them when I am at the Dr. office etc. They are too expensive.

Super Contributor

Groupon on line offers a large selection of magazines at terrific prices. Check it out.  The subscriptions start quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve really cut down on my subscriptions.  However, somehow or another, I have run through periods where various magazines have been sent to me without my approval - Time, Good Housekeeping, Women’s Day, etc.  Finally, after months, they stop.  I do enjoy Yankee Magazine, with very interesting articles for New Englanders or those with general interest in our region.  Even the ads are interesting.  It is published 10 times a year.  I do have to laugh at Woman’s World in the supermarkets.  How to lose massive amounts of weight, look far younger than you are, etc.  Barnes and Noble is a great place to look for magazines,  but something has to be very special for me to spend $$$ for magazines.

Honored Contributor

I no longer subscribe to any magazine but did once upon a time and had trouble letting go of them. Too much clutter for my liking. 

But I do love magazines.

Honored Contributor

I go to our library and read the magazines there. They have tons of them. Comfortable chairs in a corner with a lot of windows. Only regret is not being allowed to bring in a cup of coffee.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I only read them when I am at the Dr. office etc. They are too expensive.

@missy1I used to use the magazines for diversion from long waits while in the Dr.'s office . I  figured so what if they are 3 years old , it was more interesting than gazing at other patients or seeing a loop of the same medication advertisement on the tv. Then I read where mags in waiting rooms could be germ magnets (one Dr. I go to does not offer them anymore) . So I guess taking your own or a Kindle is probably a good idea, or make use of hand sanitizer afterward.

Valued Contributor

I have subscribed to Texture online for years.  There is no magazine I would be interested in that is not on their site and I read them on my iPad.  I too was sick of the clutter and saving piles of magazines to read "later."  Plus every magazine stays on my device unless I want to delete.  It has worked out great for me -- and for all the friends I recommended it to.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I probably subscribed to about 15-20 magazines. Most of them are now gone - McCall's, Ladies Home Journal, Mademoiselle, More, Self, All You. 

I recently let my subscription to Reader's Digest, InStyle and Allure lapse. InStyle changed so much; not only did the physical size of the magazine shrink, but so did the content. Allure really went down the tubes when they devoted the entire magazine to just one beauty issue each month. Bad move!!

Right now I still subscribe to Good Housekeeping, First for Women, Redbook, Vanity Fair and Woman's Day. I plan on letting them all lapse except for First for Women, that's always been my favorite.

Honored Contributor

I think the last magazine I subscribed to was Better Homes and Gardens.  Haven't subscribed to any for years--too expensive, too much recycling, everything available on the net.  I see Glamour which I subscribed to in my 20s is no longer publishing and is only available online.  The wave of the future.

Honored Contributor

I love magazines, I mean really love them. I discovered Discount Mags.com a few years ago, and their prices are great, it is a reputable company with no automatic renewal. I get entertainment, fashion and home magazines, and my county has weekly curbside recycling, so there is no build up of clutter. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan