Regular Contributor

Magazines you still enjoy/have cancelled during pandemic

I know there have been similar threads here on magazines becoming super-thin, focusing on politics instead of fashion, etc.  What magazines do you continue to enjoy/subscribe to and feel they have maintained their quality during the pandemic?  Mine are Real Simple and Woman's Day.   I also subscribe to Good Housekeeping and Health, but both have become very thin - not sure I will continue those subscriptions.

I cancelled my subscriptions to both Elle and Vogue - feel they have changed a great deal during the pandemic. 

I used to be a huge magazine junkie and could hardly wait for the monthly arrivals in the mail!  I hope those days are not over (sigh).    

Honored Contributor

Re: Magazines you still enjoy/have cancelled during pandemic

[ Edited ]

Antiques Magazine

Early American Life

Martha Stewart, but not sure I will renew.  

None cancelled during the pandemic, but about five during the past 5 years. 

Honored Contributor

@joviolin wrote:

I know there have been similar threads here on magazines becoming super-thin, focusing on politics instead of fashion, etc.  What magazines do you continue to enjoy/subscribe to and feel they have maintained their quality during the pandemic?  Mine are Real Simple and Woman's Day.   I also subscribe to Good Housekeeping and Health, but both have become very thin - not sure I will continue those subscriptions.

I cancelled my subscriptions to both Elle and Vogue - feel they have changed a great deal during the pandemic. 

I used to be a huge magazine junkie and could hardly wait for the monthly arrivals in the mail!  I hope those days are not over (sigh).    

I'm a magazine fan , I receive Vanity Fair, Southern Living, Food Network, New York, Yankee, and All Recipes. I did cancel Star, not because I hate celebrities, but I don't recognize most of them.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Consumer Reports, everybody who comes to visit me always sits down next to my stack to read.

Respected Contributor

I get Woman's World, First for Women, Reminisce, Reminisce Extra and Real Simple. Not sure I'll renew Real Simple. My sister and I swap magazines. When we're done with them, I give to my neighbor.

Respected Contributor

That is one thing I have not bought since this started. I usually got at least one magazine a month at the store and now I don't go to any stores that sell any I like. 

Honored Contributor

I used to get Food Network.

They made me so aggravated over a gift subscription that never got sent despite calling 4 months in a row that I cancelled that and also my own.

I see now if you want to buy it in the store it's up to $6.99 - definitely not worth it because it's filled with advertisements and very thin.

I actually prefer the free cooking magazine, Savory that we can pick up at Stop and Shop every month.  It has some real good recipes in it.  If I had to pay a few dollars for it, I would.

Valued Contributor

Woman's World

First Magazine

Good Housekeeping

Closer

Real Simple, which I won't be renewing 

Honored Contributor

Not cancelled:

AARP magazine & newspaper

AAA travel magazine

Starr magazine

Other magazines I just pick up at the magazine stand if there is something of interest I want to read.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Woman's Day and Good Housekeeping.

They just auto renewed.