Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

I used to subscribe to "Southern Living" many years ago but they changed their format or something and I cancelled.  Now my husband takes a couple magazines of the weaponry category. 

I'll check out "Romantic Homes" next time at the store.

Nice thread @DowntonAbbey.

@Suziepeach  Looks like a good one to enjoy. http://www.romantichomes.com/

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My home is not in any way or form romantic.  

Did you know for about $10./mo you can join a website called "texture" where dozens of the best-known magazines will be delivered to you digitally?   For a little more, you can get the weekly magazines like People and Newsweek.  This is a dream come true for magazine lovers. 

I like Architectural Digest for home stuff.   Also Country Living, Dwell, Do-it-yourself.  There are many. 

Digital magazines don't cut it for me. I want to pour over the pages, hold it in my hands, not be reliant on a battery being charged or loosing an expensive device if I take it to the park or the beach etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

My home is not in any way or form romantic.  

Did you know for about $10./mo you can join a website called "texture" where dozens of the best-known magazines will be delivered to you digitally?   For a little more, you can get the weekly magazines like People and Newsweek.  This is a dream come true for magazine lovers. 

I like Architectural Digest for home stuff.   Also Country Living, Dwell, Do-it-yourself.  There are many. 

Digital magazines don't cut it for me. I want to pour over the pages, hold it in my hands, not be reliant on a battery being charged or loosing an expensive device if I take it to the park or the beach etc. 

@Mominohio That is the same way I feel about books and have no Kindle or the like.  Book in hand means hours of entertainment.  Something to glossy pages or the printed word.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

I used to subscribe to "Southern Living" many years ago but they changed their format or something and I cancelled.  Now my husband takes a couple magazines of the weaponry category. 

@beckyb1012, thank you for the link.  I maybe way off but it reminds me of "Country Living".  I always loved looking at that. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@beckyb1012, thank you for the link.  I maybe way off but it reminds me of "Country Living".  I always loved looking at that. 

No you are on the money with that observation, I thought the same thing.  Always up for flipping pages and enjoying the view. Heart

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012, I couldn't agree more.  So many pretty things and different ideas in "Country Living".  That was one magazine I really enjoyed. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Valued Contributor

@DowntonAbbey I think you might also love VICTORIA magazine if you haven't seen it-though I'm sure you have and just for online and saving money, you can visit it here:  http://www.victoriamag.com/

A favorite of mine. The photography is beautiful-

I was crazed about all the magazines and subscribed at one time:  Colonial Homes, Country Home, Romantic Homes, Victoria, Architectural Digest, House and Garden, House Beautiful, Southern Living, Traditional Home, the list goes on and on-

I don't even know if they're all still published-