Honored Contributor

The only beauty magazine I have a sub to is Gothic Beauty. I used to sub to Allure but I gave it up a few years ago. I do buy Willow and Sage magazine. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@deepwaterdotter. I never heard of it either. My guess would be candle light, fancy floral, lace, baskets of fancy soaps in BR. Ruffles on the sheets. Wine bottles. 

Definitely not my house! 

Not mine eitther, although on more than one occasion an opened wine bottle and candlelight have led to romanceSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

First of all, this will be a great thread.........probably lots of magazine suggestions, etc.  ............  Downtown Abbey, thanks for prompting me to go back to my monthly library reading sessions!  So peaceful there.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@icaughtu wrote:

Me! I love Romantic Homes and I also subscribe to Romantic Country. Sometimes I will buy any magazine that has French Country in the name of the magazine. I think most of those come out quarterly. They usually run around $10 or $11 and lately I have not wanted to spend that much.

I used to get Allure but felt I got too old for it and In Style has changed so much I don't like it so much anymore. Oh, I also just subscribed to National Geographic; I have always loved that magazine.

I have always been a magazine person. Way back to childhood when I would read Jack and Jill (think I was about five years old). There were others too just can't remember the names. As a teen I always read Teen, Seventeen and 16 magazine!

I love the shabby chic look but my home is more cottage style. I just love looking at other people's shabby chic homes though.

@icaughtu,You might like Bazaar which is fashion for the normal woman, not award show gowns and fashions for the twenties.  I dropped INStyle years ago and love this one.  I've taken Vogue, but it's a little too many personality articles.  Since then, I've found out Bazaar is the industry standard.

Honored Contributor

The only magazine we still get is Sports Illustrated

I'm amazed Barnes & Noble allows people to take new magazines off the racks and into the cafe to read, then return them to the (for sale) rack.  Who wants to buy a magazine stuffed with someone's crumbs and latte stains?

I've never seen or heard of Romantic Homes.

Enjoy.

Respected Contributor

i started getting Vanity Fair again recently and DH gets Bloomberg. VF has good contributors and stories. they gave me a good "we miss you deal" and though i could read online, sometimes a hard copy is nice to have

other than a Glamour sub that came w/purchase on hsn, i never buy Fashion rags these days.  and i was a "Magazine Queen" in my 20s and 30s.

the fashion and home deco rags, all smoke and mirrors. $ave your money, you can find so many ideas online.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I did not know about magazines digital.  I may try that but I really do like to touch and feel the magazine and I keep them.........Just Southern Lady and Romantic Homes.  I do not subscribe to Southernlady any longer as they are now $18.95 a year and I was getting them for  $10 a year.............

Trusted Contributor

I did not know about magazines digital.  I may try that but I really do like to touch and feel the magazine and I keep them.........Just Southern Lady and Romantic Homes.  I do not subscribe to Southernlady any longer as they are now $18.95 a year and I was getting them for  $10 a year.............sometimes when I go to the book store I see Magazines I would love to have one I think is called Bella maybe and yet it is so expensive so I just stay with what I have. 

Trusted Contributor

If I understand your question about Romantic Homes it is decorating with pale colors and lots of pinks and whites and well many colors and lots of lace and flowers and ways to add beauty in a romantic way of soft and roses and things like that.........you might could look them up online. They may have a website.  It is charming designs in homes and like a shabby chic in a way.

Trusted Contributor

Oh I have seen the Cottage and I would like to have that subscription and Flea Market but out of my budget............love Cottage though.  I think it is the same publisher as Southern Lady.