Trusted Contributor

I just love Romantic Homes, does anyone else subscribe?  What magazines do you find that have been really helpful in decorating or beauty or etc. Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Magazines only please

[ Edited ]

My home is not in any way or form romantic.  

Did you know for about $10./mo you can join a website called "texture" where dozens of the best-known magazines will be delivered to you digitally?   For a little more, you can get the weekly magazines like People and Newsweek.  This is a dream come true for magazine lovers. 

I like Architectural Digest for home stuff.   Also Country Living, Dwell, Do-it-yourself.  There are many. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've never seen the magazine "Romantic Homes".  What are the elements present in a  romatically-decorated home?

Honored Contributor

I used to sit in my library's reading room each month, reading the latest decorating magazines.  So peaceful, as I recall. .......... Now, I love to 'waste time' standing in the magazine section of my local supermarket.  I don't spend as much time there as I used to at the library, but fifteen or so minutes is fine, when I have the patience.  Still, sitting down at the library is much better, lol.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

My favorite is my Redbook - has fashion, food, makeup, stories, just find it very well put together.  Very colorful too.  Also like my Real Simple and for decorating love The Cottage Journal - pricy but beautiful put together. 

Frequent Contributor

Me! I love Romantic Homes and I also subscribe to Romantic Country. Sometimes I will buy any magazine that has French Country in the name of the magazine. I think most of those come out quarterly. They usually run around $10 or $11 and lately I have not wanted to spend that much.

I used to get Allure but felt I got too old for it and In Style has changed so much I don't like it so much anymore. Oh, I also just subscribed to National Geographic; I have always loved that magazine.

I have always been a magazine person. Way back to childhood when I would read Jack and Jill (think I was about five years old). There were others too just can't remember the names. As a teen I always read Teen, Seventeen and 16 magazine!

I love the shabby chic look but my home is more cottage style. I just love looking at other people's shabby chic homes though.

Honored Contributor

Romantic Homes is fun.  They sometimes show European or English interiors as well as American.  Others I like are House Beautiful, Verandah, and Architectural Digest.

Honored Contributor

I like regular magazines, I can't get into digital. I love Southern Living, Food Network, Allure and Elle . Entertainment weekly and People keep me up to date on tv and movies. My very favorite is Vanity Fair. Discount Mags is a great site for good prices on magazines, I've used them for years and they are reputable, plus no automatic renewals.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter. I never heard of it either. My guess would be candle light, fancy floral, lace, baskets of fancy soaps in BR. Ruffles on the sheets. Wine bottles. 

Honored Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@deepwaterdotter. I never heard of it either. My guess would be candle light, fancy floral, lace, baskets of fancy soaps in BR. Ruffles on the sheets. Wine bottles. 

Definitely not my house! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment