Honored Contributor

I spend enough time online as it is I don't want to read a magazine online too. I like the idea of waiting for the magazine to come, holding it in my hands and flipping through the pages and then reading it at my leisure. I even travel with my magazines for awhile and then display them on my coffee table before I recycle them.

Honored Contributor

Rolling Stone renewed my subscription on an expired debit card.  Go figure.  Joy Mangano has a hanger promo today with two free years of Good Housekeeping.  I was tempted but I really don't need more hangers. 

Honored Contributor

I like DiscountMags and Mags4Cheap.      Both have always been very open and honest for me.

Every now and then, however, a magazine will have a box checked that is for auto renewal and you have to make sure that you uncheck that box!

Lately, I use DiscountMags the most.  None of my mags have auto-renewal on them and the prices, especially when they have sales, are just WAY beyond low priced.     When you get an email about a sale and you want to use that price on your existing subscription, to renew, most of the time you can do that.  Every now and then one will be 'new sub only', but 99% of the time it's for new or renewal.

Because of these prices, all of my magazines are currently subscribed to at least 2020 and beyond.  Smiley Happy    It's hard to resist another year of something for $9.99 when it would otherwise have cost anywhere from $40 to almost $100 a year.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I spend enough time online as it is I don't want to read a magazine online too. I like the idea of waiting for the magazine to come, holding it in my hands and flipping through the pages and then reading it at my leisure. I even travel with my magazines for awhile and then display them on my coffee table before I recycle them.

@blackhole99

i am the same way......i like to hold and flip a REAL magazine also.

i have dozens of subscriptions.

when i am done with them i pass them along, leave some at work, or take some to our home at the beach. i love sitting on the beach or by the pool and reading a magazine. the nicer ones are displayed on an etagere or coffee table.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein