Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,686
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I want to subscribe to the Cottage Journal.  I looked on Amazon, and it said the subscription wouldn't start for 12 to 16 weeks.  I was hoping to get it sooner than that.  I know many of you have other websites you use to subscribe to magazines.  I want one that doesn't automatically renew your subscription.  Can anyone recommend a website to me?


Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling





Regular Contributor
Posts: 243
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

Re: Magazine Subscriptions

[ Edited ]

I've been caught by that before .... so I always just snail mail in the subscription card enclosed in the mag I want and check off "bill me,"  Then I send a check. 

I subscribe to about -6- mags .... with this method none has auto'd a renewal without sending me a bill and receiving my payment before continuing.

Any place you input bank/card info onto a web has that info electronically stored can just re-up with the excuse "we know you don't want to delay receiving ** so we've gone ahead and given you a gift on pricing and renewed your subsc for another year of enjoying **".

I figure it's easier for me to keep money they've never received, then to ask (again and again) for cancellation and a rebate!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,096
Registered: ‎06-25-2012

I belong to many freebie websites and haven't paid for a magazine subscription in years! I get all the name magazines too. I don't think I've seen the one the OP is talking about though. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor
Posts: 243
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

@ID2 Cottage Journal is a "home style" magazine, comes out 4 times/year with a separate set (not covered by subscription) of "specialty" issues.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,379
Registered: ‎11-03-2013

@Nicknack wrote:

I want to subscribe to the Cottage Journal.  I looked on Amazon, and it said the subscription wouldn't start for 12 to 16 weeks.  I was hoping to get it sooner than that.  I know many of you have other websites you use to subscribe to magazines.  I want one that doesn't automatically renew your subscription.  Can anyone recommend a website to me?


@NickNack I looked on their website (gorgeous magazine by the way!) and it looks like you can subscribe directly through them with some special offers.  I apologize in advance as I haven't subscribed to a magazine in quite a while but are there better deals to be had on websites like Amazon?

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,617
Registered: ‎06-14-2016

I recently ordered readers digest through amazon and even though it said 10-12 weeks it took around 3 1/2 -4 weeks as I received my first one this week.

 

I have never heard of free magazine websites, can anyone explain how this works and possible in code give a site to go to.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,686
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@momtochloe wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I want to subscribe to the Cottage Journal.  I looked on Amazon, and it said the subscription wouldn't start for 12 to 16 weeks.  I was hoping to get it sooner than that.  I know many of you have other websites you use to subscribe to magazines.  I want one that doesn't automatically renew your subscription.  Can anyone recommend a website to me?


@NickNack I looked on their website (gorgeous magazine by the way!) and it looks like you can subscribe directly through them with some special offers.  I apologize in advance as I haven't subscribed to a magazine in quite a while but are there better deals to be had on websites like Amazon?


Thank you everyone.  @momtochloe  You can usually find better deals than the magazine's website, but Amazon's price on this one is the same.  I think I'll do with @forest4thetrees suggested and send in the form in the middle of the magazine instead of putting my credit card on line and risk being automatically renewed.  The magazine's website doesn't say whether they would automatically renew, and I wouldn't want that.


Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling





Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,501
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I made the mistake of ordering a gift subscription to Food Network Magazine on line and also ordered one for myself.

 

Since the second issue of the subscription, I have been getting invoices included with mine to renew both because they are going to expire - IN DECEMBER.

 

I will never do that again, I will snail mail the card and a check.

 

It's gone beyond annoying...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 39,297
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Magazine Subscriptions

[ Edited ]

check out mr rebates if you have it......they offer  good rebates on sites like magazine.com, best deal magazines, magazine deals now, magazineline.com, and more.

 

for example, THE COTTAGE JOURNAL  is five issues, $25 a year, 20% cash back if you go through mr rebates....and. you can checkout using paypal if you prefer.

********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
Posts: 39,297
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I recently ordered readers digest through amazon and even though it said 10-12 weeks it took around 3 1/2 -4 weeks as I received my first one this week.

 

I have never heard of free magazine websites, can anyone explain how this works and possible in code give a site to go to.


 

 

 

i pay for some of mine and get some for free.

go to valuemags.com......sign up with them and they will send you offers for freebies. read the description though because not all are the actual magazine in your mailbox, but a digital subscription.

********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein