Honored Contributor

Re: Made my once every month and a half shopping trip.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I went to Costco, the dollar store.... and Big lots.  I left early so no crowds. Had my list and got out pretty fast. 

Costco was great. Everyone had masks on and were wearing them correctly. Love Costco ❤️

At the dollar store, I got there  right when they opened....so it was pretty empty...maybe four customers.   Just my luck there  was one customer walking around WITH NO MASK ON.  She received some real dirty looks.....but no one said anything....

At Big Lots, the store was empty pretty much except for me and the employees....was surprising that the four employees who were working all had their  maskes BELOW their noses.....  I did not comment as I just was not in the mood for a upsetting day. But I  emailed corporate and told them how upset I was about it. 

Now I will self quarantine for a week or two.....

@SeaMaiden 

So why didn't YOU say something?   

I've done it twice in stores ... "Hey!  Where's your mask?"    and both times managers suddenly appeared and dealt with the person.  Either managers or security personnel should step in, but if you have to bring it to their attention, so be it.  Complaining because "nobody said anything"  is ridiculous ... YOU  should have said something.

And I have no idea why you think you need to self-quarantine.   You had your mask on, right?  

Mask   Mask   Mask

@Tinkrbl44  my Wearing the mask correctly protects others from my not spreading the virus if I had it. The mask for all intentions does not protect me from getting the virus...so that is why it takes EVERYONE to wear a mask....we protect one another from each other.  

Honored Contributor

It is what it is:  It will be what it will be!  

This subject keeps getting chewed on and nothing about it has or will change.  Do you think?   

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thank you @freakygirl 

You would faint if you saw my hospital bills. I was sick for several weeks in the hospital and now I have to go through more tests! It's not over for me yet. Like I said, I cannot afford to get sick again. I'm already deep in debt b/c of this stinkin' virus. ...okay, beeotching over...LOL!

I certaily understand why you can not go out shopping, i too would be very leary of doing so if i had  got this virus.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, i do go out to get groceries, and things i need,and want, honestly i have to,no one will go for me,  i wear mask,gloves at times, use sanitizer,and pray i do not get this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

This past Saturday doing my weekly Walmart shopping I noticed the "walk this way" signs had been removed from the floor.  Now up and down the aisles which ever way you care to journey.  Going into the store there was a man and appeared to be his teenage son, maskless.  The Walmart employee outside the door held up her box of masks and asked if they cared for one?  They said no and went in to shop she just stayed in her appointed spot outside and waited for next maskless person. 

I shop weekly to all my usual stores like I did before Covid but I do not go out and about to events and such.  I will continue with the masks but I am seeing more and more businesses not wearing them by the employees.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

If the masks work, why social distance?  if social distancing works, why the mask? if masks and social distancing work, why the vaccine?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esther22 wrote:

If the masks work, why social distance?  if social distancing works, why the mask? if masks and social distancing work, why the vaccine?

@esther22 

Because none of them are 100% effective. The hope is that combining all of these things gives us more protection. I've seen it referred to as "layering."

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

@esther22 For goodness sakes, nothing is 100% effective so it's better to wear a mask and social distance don't you think?  As for "why the vaccine" - do you really want to mask up and distance forever?  I for one hope that someday in the future we can put our masks in storage and hug one another again.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden referenced Costco which was good - as a matter of fact I wish I could do all our grocery shopping at Costco.  Their employees have been on top of everything while still being friendly and helpful.  Costco is one of the few stores in my area that is still sanitizing the carts.

It's only the two of us though, so I can't take full advantage and get everything there. Smiley Sad  Chickens, gas, big tub of ???? yogurt and some supplements is about all I can feasibly bring home since we don't have a separate freezer.

My Stop & Shop has gotten worse and worse.  People are crowding each other, including the employees.  I'm getting really disgusted by people who are wearing a filthy cloth mask that doesn't cover their nose anymore. Paper masks are now readily availble.

??? I can't put in the name of the delicious creamy yogurt that starts with an F???

Honored Contributor

******e? Why not?