Honored Contributor

Re: Made my first order through Instacart

@Kachina624 wrote:

@songbird    You don't have to set foot in Walmart.  You do your order online, go in at midnight and select  a pick up time and go get it from a designated place in the parking lot.  They bring it out and put it in your car.  I've been doing this for 3 years and love it.  You don't have to get out of your car.

I hope you get your groceries with no hitch.  Somebody yesterday said they didn't show up with hers.  There was wide-spread publicity about their workers wanting extra tips and incentives as well as sanitizer, gloves etc. And they were going to strike.

At midnight?????  I will not go out on midnight to make arrangement for me to go back the next day.  Sorry....

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird- Did your groceries arrive?  Hope you received all which you ordered.  Two friends had poor experiences with Instacart in that the orders were never filled.  The supermarkets did refund the monies and gave them a store credit.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@songbird    You don't have to set foot in Walmart.  You do your order online, go in at midnight and select  a pick up time and go get it from a designated place in the parking lot.  They bring it out and put it in your car.  I've been doing this for 3 years and love it.  You don't have to get out of your car.

I hope you get your groceries with no hitch.  Somebody yesterday said they didn't show up with hers.  There was wide-spread publicity about their workers wanting extra tips and incentives as well as sanitizer, gloves etc. And they were going to strike.

At midnight?????  I will not go out on midnight to make arrangement for me to go back the next day.  Sorry....

@songbird    As I said, you do it online.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been receiving my groceries from Kroger delivered by Instacart since this all started. I received a delivery yesterday. The driver was driving a new Mercedes SUV. It is well worth it. I don't have to load grocery bags into my car and then unload at the house. I noticed the tip went up a dollar from the last delivery.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird @Kachina624  

I posted the email I got from Instacart....

The news both written and vocal CORRECTED themselves and now said SOME of the workers are going to strike....so SOME are NOT striking....I guess it depends on whether you need the job or not.....

Instacart did agree to some of the worker concessions late Sunday evening---

Instacart now provides sanitizers and gloves through a third party for their workers....they also said they would give 14 days sick leave if a worker contracted the virus....The workers wanted a raise---they didnt get that, and they wanted more sick leave---they didnt get that---so SOME are going to still strike...And as far as tips, it would default to the last tip given not just the standard 5%---still optional.....Remember these workers are contract labor and not regular company employees.......

I have an order for Thursday morning.....and there were still a lot of orders because a friend tried to schedule a delivery and the earliest she was able to get was late Sunday afternoon/evening......

As far as prices----they work out a deal with each individual store----since our grocery chain, HEB, charges different prices at different stores depending on location, Instacart averages out the prices....some are the same, some higher, some there was an Instacart coupon that reduced the price....I got $2 off laundry detergent and $! off on toothpaste...

@Kachina624 

As far as Walmart--- they have a very limited selection of  produce at our stores and its awful ---bruised, shriveled, really worked over and not very good...and this was before the Pandemic....I dont know if their deli is still open, but again Walmart only has a couple of brands available....But I will say their frozen food selection is EXCELLENT!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@songbird 

How did your order go...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I didn't have any problem receiving my order today 

Honored Contributor

I got everything I needed at Walmart last week.  For pick up customers, they pull produce from the back room and it's always very nice.  We also have a Walmart Marketplace store that consistently has toilet paper.  I've used them for 3 year and except for a couple of minor snafus, I've been very pleased.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Instacart has been delivered!  They came between 8:00PM and 9:00)  I got everything except.......drumroll EGGS!  NO EGGS, stripped bare.  But there is always next week!  My service was excellent.  They constantly messaged you about replacements, etc.  It was kind of exhausting in a way.  But I no complaints from Instacart.  I'm glad the drivers got jobs!!!!!!  I just can't see any problem with deliveries.  The Uber of food delivery

One more order before I decide to good with Instacart.  I still want to try Shipt.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal @Kachina624 @GenXmuse @Spurt I got my complete order.  Everything this evening betwwen 8:30 and 9:00.  They came after each other.  The only thing I didn't get was EGGS!  Stripped clean.  Both stores.  But I have next week or so & who knows maybe I will get eggs.  I got some Wegman made things too.  They look yummy.  Love the prepared salad bowls!  Fresh fruit, Pineapple, watermellon! Milk.  Wegans' fried chicken.  Some unprepared meat (ground beef, chicken & Lamb.

I don't think they will have any trouble with Instacart.  These drivers are like Ubers.  They have jobs now!