Esteemed Contributor

MacKenzie-Childs wares on sale with value pays & free shipping

Found MacKenzie-Childs wares  on  ShopHQ  last night with free shipping & handling  along with  6 value pays . Some items are on sale $20-$25 off the regular price.   This is a time  limited  offer . For us collectors  of MacKenzie-Childs  this turns out to be a good deal.  In the past , I've paid  $10-$15 in shipping fees for some of the enamel ware kitchen items .  Love the green Flower garden paired with the  Courtly Check pattern.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MacKenzie-Childs wares on sale with value pays & free shipping

Someone enlighten me.  Isn't MacK-Ch just metal?  I don't think I would want to put food on that.  I don't understand the high prices.  I'm not criticizing, I just don't understand.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live about an hour away from McKenzie Childs. I was there just a few weeks ago when family and I went up to Aurora, NY to enjoy the day. Mc Kenzie Childs creates beautiful home accents, from napkin holders to sofas. Although their creations seem expensive, they are all hand made. You can see the artisans creating their works when you visit their headquarters.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

Someone enlighten me.  Isn't MacK-Ch just metal?  I don't think I would want to put food on that.  I don't understand the high prices.  I'm not criticizing, I just don't understand.

@Patriot3   What they show on Evine is mostly heavy gauge steel, but they probably have more earthenware than the metal.  It's all very nice. I wouldn't want to eat off of the metal either, but do love the canister set, teapot and other pieces that I have.  They have canisters in the earthenware, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Patriot3   What they show on Evine is mostly heavy gauge steel, but they probably have more earthenware than the metal.  It's all very nice. I wouldn't want to eat off of the metal either, but do love the canister set, teapot and other pieces that I have.  They have canisters in the earthenware, too.

I thought they state that there are no toxic chemicals in thier pieces that are suitable for eating/cooking.  Maybe I'm thinking of Fiesta (which I've switched to for that reason). 

I do have some decorative MC pieces, but even my large metal bowl is for vegetable or fruit on the countertop---not for food eating off of.

I clicked on the link for 30% off offerings, but Mackenzie-Childs didn't show up under the brands offered.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I thought they state that there are no toxic chemicals in thier pieces that are suitable for eating/cooking.  Maybe I'm thinking of Fiesta (which I've switched to for that reason). 

I do have some decorative MC pieces, but even my large metal bowl is for vegetable or fruit on the countertop---not for food eating off of.

I clicked on the link for 30% off offerings, but Mackenzie-Childs didn't show up under the brands offered.

@Lucky Charm   M-C metal pieces are safe to eat off of and bake in.  I just don't like to eat off of metal, but it has nothing to do with it not being safe.  It's definitely safe.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

DD had a wooden chair of this brand when she was in her college apt. She and I fished it out of a dumpster in the complex at the end of the month when students were moving out. I love the whimsy in the colors and designs.
Honored Contributor

There should be a big label or printed notice on the bottom of the piece that says for “decor use only” if they aren’t supposed to be used for food.
Trusted Contributor

After Christmas, MC has a lot of items 50% off, and it's not just Christmas.  I have a ton I need to sell.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

The pieces I like at the price really need to be something I really want.  Although, the free shipping & value pays almost had me say "go for it".

I saw some of MC pieces in HomeGoods last year - wonder if they still get them.  

I also have seen them in specialty stores.