Super Contributor

thanks all for your kind support. less mad this morning...just resolved. boxed the wreath up and sending back as defective. so disappointing! I've had the BL candles forever and they all work but one, so there's that....

may all your decorations and celebrations be colorful and joyful. 

Trusted Contributor

Years ago I bought my mother a tabletop BHLights tree. She loved it.  The lights stopped working one by one in just a few days. Too much money to send back. No more of that brand for me, even though they are nice- looking. No quality, no sale for me.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

Years ago I bought my mother a tabletop BHLights tree. She loved it.  The lights stopped working one by one in just a few days. Too much money to send back. No more of that brand for me, even though they are nice- looking. No quality, no sale for me.

@Duckncover   It wouldn't have cost you anything to send it back.  You just mark it as defective, which it was.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@knittykitty   I would be upset because it is brand new.  Was is on sale?  If so, that's why -- doesn't  work for long.  Make sure you send the other back within the time limit which I believe is Jan. 31.  Check out Target if you have one close.  They have some great Christmas decos.

@Katcat1 She said it was the TSV- it should have lasted much longer than it did

Respected Contributor

I'm reluctant to purchase these types of TSVs as I think quality control suffers when they order 100,000 of an item. 

Respected Contributor

@knittykitty wrote:

Bethleham Lights wreath worked for a few nights, then blinked out. thought maybe the batts, although I used brand new ones. double checked batts and put even new ones in. NADA. 

beyond maaaaaad as the wreath was a major part of my outside decor. the swag (so far) is working but I have no faith that will hold. 

packed up the wreath, on Dec 7 ?!?!?!?! to return and will NEVER order BL again. yes, marked it defective. 

if the swag makes it thru the season, I will reluctantly keep it. if not, back it goes. NO excuse for this: these were touted TSV's and should be flawlless. 

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-(((((

buyer beware!!

Do you feel better now that you told people on QVC how mad you are???????  

Respected Contributor

Well, got it out and put it up. Fingers crossed, so far so good.

Will it last for 10 years, like all my other BL pre-lit items of old did?...only time will tell. At this point in life I'm more concerned that I will! 😄

Will it eat up batteries too fast? I'm not expecting them to, but we'll see. My old ones never did.

They would be lit on timer every night for 3 months and last on those D batteries the whole time without ever dimming.

@knittykitty Hopefully, you can find something that works for you!

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@knittykitty wrote:

Bethleham Lights wreath worked for a few nights, then blinked out. thought maybe the batts, although I used brand new ones. double checked batts and put even new ones in. NADA. 

beyond maaaaaad as the wreath was a major part of my outside decor. the swag (so far) is working but I have no faith that will hold. 

packed up the wreath, on Dec 7 ?!?!?!?! to return and will NEVER order BL again. yes, marked it defective. 

if the swag makes it thru the season, I will reluctantly keep it. if not, back it goes. NO excuse for this: these were touted TSV's and should be flawlless. 

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-(((((

buyer beware!!

Do you feel better now that you told people on QVC how mad you are???????  

@KatieB   That was rude.  Of course she's upset, and she has every right to be.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@knittykitty 

In the past BL garlands and wreaths lasted for years--But I fear their quality has lessened, and I had a similar experience with a new garland last year that only lasted half a season, new batteries didnt help, neither did messing with connectors....I did have good luck with just the multi-color string of lights which are working well on the outside of my home....keeping my fingers crossed....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

I have not unwrapped mine yet to put up, but will give feedback when I do. I'm sorry that happened to you, @knittykitty, such a disappointment when you go to put up the decorations just to find out it's malfunctioning. Hopefully you can find something to replace it at one of your local stores, HomeGoods, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.

I've had BL items that worked for a decade from years ago...I don't know if mfrg, and/or quality is different now, as this TSV wreath will be my first new item from them in 10 years...because they worked and lasted that long. (some went longer) I had two wreaths, used outdoors, in snow, all winter, as well as hanging window boxes with lit arrangements, lasted for years. I still use the baskets, after the lit greenery stopped working properly. Took out the inserts & plant real flowers in them in summer. Sometimes when you clean the connection or jiggle the wiring it will right itself. (But we shouldn't have to when it's brand new!)

Years ago I bought a Luminara TSV lantern from QVC that never worked right, the candle kept blinking not flickering. I love it and still have it because I'm always saying I'll replace the candle, which is doable, just haven't done it as yet. Contacted Luminara Customer Service & instead of replacing it (of course it was after QVC's 30 days) they thought it might be the battery case cover, that I need the "other type contacts" and they sent me one...it didn't even fit the lantern properly. I just gave up after that.

Just fyi on the topic of battery candles and Luminara...

I've started to buy (not that I need any, but got some tealights this year) my battery operated candles at HomeGoods, Marshalls...they have Luminara and other brands if you don't like Luminara, for half the price. My neighbor has had beautiful flickering pillars for a few years now, she's got excellent taste and gets everything at HomeGoods and TJ's. About $17.00 each (about 5-7" pillars of all types) vs. QVC's $70.00 for two!! (never would I pay that.)

@amyb 

Hobby Lobby also has Luminaras.....as does Bed, Bath, and Beyond..........

My sister bought some Luminaras from Amazon and they did not work---she returned them.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”