Respected Contributor

Re: My world has come crashing down

Of course, hon.  You seemed to have taken quite a nasty one on the chin.  I'm so, so very sorry as I know you're extremely upset.  I'll pray for you. XXXOOO GOD bless.

Trusted Contributor

@Tina From Georgia  Prayers for you and your husband for all to go well. ((((hugs))))

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like the suddenness and seriousness of this has really shaken you. I completely understand. I am sorry you are having to deal with this. You don't deserve it.

I hope all will be okay. Everything may all turn out okay. Or not. Or, most likely, things will be genuinely cruddy for a while and then eventually transform into some version of good-enough-okay. That's what usually happens, though there is no guarantee of it, as you well know.

Of course I am sending good vibes your way and your husband's way. Hoping for the very best for you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I am so very sorry.  Strength and prayers are being sent to you from the mountains.

Two women holding hands and praying as they study the bible 2051880 Stock  Photo at Vecteezy

Regular Contributor

Few things are more terrifying than having a loved one diagnosed with Cancer.  My thoughts and prayers are being sent to you both.  Try to live in the moment...try not to let panic set in about what the future holds (I know, easier said than done) and just know, whatever happens, you ARE stronger than you think you are.    Best wishes for a positive outcome!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband has been through a very similar experience. I will certainly put your husband on my prayer list. Waiting and not knowing information is so hard. Trust God and stay close to Him. I will continue to ask God for healing for your dear husband and comfort and strength for you. 

Respected Contributor

Why did he want his leg looked at? What was going on?

THINKING OF YOU! So sorry!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tina From Georgia - Prayers for your husband and you.

Respected Contributor

I know a young woman who has been dealing with a  large ( had been growing for months and months) sarcoma in her thigh for months. Was initially thought to be a benign lipoma) This has been her journey.

First step...biopsy. Intermediate grade sarcoma.

Second step...lung scan and PET scan for mets. All negative.

Third step...seven weeks PROTON radiation to shrink the tumor.

Fourth step....lung scan and PET scan for mets. All negative Waits 2 weeks between end of radiation and surgery.

Fifth step...surgery to remove residual tumor (much of it had been killed by radiation and it had shrunk considerably.

She stayed in hospital for 2 nights.

The pathology report came back with clean margins.

Now she heals and meets with oncologist to decide if she needs radiation. Will need plastic surgery eventually to fill in area.

I hope hearing of someones else journey helps in some way.

Very scary but with results as good as possible.

She is 20 years younger than your husband.

Best wishes to you and your husband. Hugs.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers for you and your husband.