Honored Contributor

No matter how frustrating, it can't be as bad as this freeway in China.  Give thanks that you live in the good ole USA!

Screenshot_20230315-170130_kindlephoto-364996632.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 @Are you sure that wasn't made in Nashville?

Esteemed Contributor

Went to China six years ago and big cities are 13-22 million people so yes, that's what commuting looks like.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps a parking lot - those folks ride scooter & bikes.

Respected Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ulY7N3dZ9k 

Not much better with their commuter trains.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Okie dokie!  So you tell me what we can do about pollution?  What difference will it make?  Ok and then think too about India.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Perhaps a parking lot - those folks ride scooter & bikes.

@fthunt    It may become a parking lot but it's a freeway.  Obviously not all ride scooters. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Kachina624 @Are you sure that wasn't made in Nashville?

@Goldengate8361    I drove a motorhom from Albuquerque to Philadelphia and the only place I got lost and in a traffic mess was in Nashville on a freeway. 

Honored Contributor

I never saw traffic like that when I was in China.  They have millions of motor bikes with whole families on them...even babies. They zig and zag around pedestrians who keep walking while the bikes just miss them by inches.

Our tour bus got wrapped up in China on a back road.  There were several water buffalo that were stubborn  and would not move off of the highway.  We sat for about an hour until the tour company called a bunch of taxis that could manover around the buffalo to get us to our destination.

The taxi drivers are scary...I held my breath the whole time.  They are not afraid of hitting water buffalo.

I wonder where that pic was taken and where the people were going.  China doesn't have many cars there beyond taxis which are black or white and they are like little go carts...so small.

Respected Contributor

This is weird. I didn't think they even had that many cars in China for the average person, to be out on a snail crawl freeway. I've never seen photos, or read descriptions of traffic like this in China. I have seen the crazy driving. 

Odd that there's no traffic on the four lane frontage roads. What is that going across the freeway? A toll type area, or authorization point? How could that be functional? You could spend half a day just trying to get through that mess.