Contributor

Catlover, I feel your pain.  My Dad also passed on April 6,  2019.  He had faced many serious heart issues through the years, but overcame them.  A small skin cancer on his face turned into a very fast aggressive cancer that spread throughout his organs, blood, and bones.  He was in terrible pain.  His funeral is tomorrow and my heart is broken.  My sincere deepest sympathy to you.

Honored Contributor

wow tg-indy

I'm so very sorry for your loss

our fathers died 2 days apart

I wish you strength for tomorrow

Keep writing

I'll be checking in on you

How old was you father?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@catlover I am so sorry for the loss of your father. Last night on Station 19 they dealt with this. An elderly man was terminally ill, he was ready to die his daughter didn't want to let him go but finally signed the DNR he wanted. I have an elderly mother, she fell last Saturday scared the life out of me. Thankfully she is okay. I told someone I sit with at my WW meeting what happened, she said "well you know it's inevitable...". I thought this was an insensitive remark to make.

Honored Contributor

Re: MY FATHER DIED

[ Edited ]

@tg-indy 

how are you holding up?

Please write and know I have been thinking of you.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Contributor

Catlover...

I was also thinking of you, wondering how your doing.  When I saw your thread title the other day, it really touched me.  i wasn't trying to take over , I just understand how much this hurts.  My Dad was 80.  He had fought through so much his entire life, he died such a painful death.  It was heartbreaking to watch.  I know he's not in pain now, but what I would give just to have 5 more minutes. Saturday was very emotional and sad.  I'm sure you understand.  I know what you mean by seeing him in casket. Can't get it out of my head either.  Take care of yourself.  My sincere deepest sympathies to you.

Honored Contributor

@tg-indy 

thank you for your kind words

It sure is not easy

I find it helps to cry 

It releases the pain a bit

Try really hard -on purpose if you will, not to think of how painful his last days were because that is over and done with

there is no more pain

My mother died of ovarian cancer and hers was a partucularly painful, slow death

So I forced myself not to think about it because it was over and she was not in pain anymore, so what is the purpose of constantly bringing it up in my mind........to,torture myself......no no no not going to happen

please take care of yourself

Sleep a little extra and eat well

If you find you can't really eat, but your starving, try some ensure or boost type products.

That really helped me alot

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Regular Contributor

I am sorry for your loss, however, sudden deaths are much nicer for the aging than to suffer for a long time.  My natural father died of a massive stoke when I was a college freshman, no notice.  My stepfather, a second loving father to me died of ALS 26 years ago, three years after I received my MS degree, and I would not wish the last 8 years of his life on anyone .  Not even any enemy I could have.  My mother is a natural born witch, and  I will not shed a tear when she dies.  She will be 91 and such a great Catholic, she denies that she had a divorce and only deals withone of her 4 children.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catlover wrote:

my father died yesterday.

he was 88 and died of liver failure

it was quick and unexpected

I feel so strange having no living parents now

there was 6 of us and now there are 3

my sister died 12 years ago and my mother 25 years ago of ovarian cancer..............a long and miserable death

I'm 59, but crying like a child......................

@catlover So very sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catlover wrote:

thank you again my dear cyber buddies.

All your wonderful words really help

I'm so sorry for all those that are suffering right now and still took the time to write

You are all wonderful

seeing my father in a casket was gut wrenching

I wish I could unsee it

I know he is in a better place because God's word tells me so

Absent from the body, present with the Lord

@catlover 

So sorry for the loss of your dad. 

My dad passed Feb 2018 so still dealing with that. It's not been an easy road. With both my parents gone now I also felt different. Don't know how to describe it. I felt so alone. I have gone through being angry plus the I don't care about anything for me which is slowly getting better.

I did not view my mom or dad after they passed. I don't do that. I did that at a couple of funerals. I don't like it. I rather remember them the way they were & not in that casket.  

My mom passed away at 47 in 1980 of leukemia & my oldest brother passed in 2003 from glioblastoma brain tumor.

Hang in there it does get better with time.