Valued Contributor

I have lost both parents also.  I read the fact that we are no longer someone's "child", or you can no longer refer to someone as Mom or Dad is a lightbulb moment ... we are old and it hits like a ton of bricks.  BUT I'm happy to be where I am in life ... we ALL have to walk thru that chapter ...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry, @catlover . You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for the death of your father. I lost my father in 2001 and I cried for a long, long time. Sometimes I still do. My parents loved me and they always had my back. Mom is 93 now and has been very sick this last year. I know my turn is coming again and I dread it. Hugs.

Honored Contributor

Bless you, CATLOVER.   I am so sorry for your loss.  Like you, I have no parents remaining, and it is very tough to accept that.

I hope you live with love and light.

Honored Contributor

@catlover  Oh, my dear, of course you will cry and go through a grieving period.  It was your father.  It is very difficult to lose your parents.  Take good care of yourself and it is okay to be sad.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@catlover 

I'm so sorry for the passing of your Father.  As you're going thru this difficult & sad time, please know we're thinking of you & sending you hugs of comfort.  Take care  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@catlover  I'm terribly sorry to hear that your dear Father has passed away.

Image result for sympathy

Respected Contributor

Your parents are always with you, I feel it and pray to my parents so much when I have a problem or just to say Hi, I just feel my parents are with me & watching over me. Birthdays, Mothers & Fathers day, Christmas I never forget and just say Hi I miss you. I felt so alone when they left but took awhile til I think they are watching out for me. You never get over it but I read your Dad didn't suffer which is good. 

Valued Contributor

So sorry for the passing of your father. Please know you are not alone. In my prayers.

Sending you xoxo

Heart

Honored Contributor

@catlover- My sincere condolences for your loss.  Of course, you're crying; grief is a natural reaction at a time like this.  It's the price we pay for loving someone and we need to grieve their loss.

Both of my parents have been gone for many years, but I still find myself "talking" to them occasionally.  Remember, your parents are always there inside your heart and in your memories.  Heart