Honored Contributor

my father died yesterday.

he was 88 and died of liver failure

it was quick and unexpected

I feel so strange having no living parents now

there was 6 of us and now there are 3

my sister died 12 years ago and my mother 25 years ago of ovarian cancer..............a long and miserable death

I'm 59, but crying like a child......................

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

I am sorry for your loss and may he RIP. It is always hard to lose our immediate family members. Yes it really does change family dynamics. My Dad passed away twenty three years ago and my sister passed in July of 2019. Now I am an only child and my Mother is getting ready to turn eighty eight. It just feels odd. My Sister and I both have only children. Time helps the heart heal but the feeling of all you have known being changed doesn't go away. Prayers for you that you feel better soon and the flowing tears are cleansing for your soul.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry!  I'm 59. 

My Mom is still here.  I will be sobbing like a baby when She goes.

Honored Contributor

My sincere condolences.  I understand--both of my parents are gone.  Today is the anniversary of my Mom's passing.   I'm sure you have many loving memories.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry @catlover -

I think we try to prepare all our lives for when our parents leave us.

I remember my father saying when his uncle died that there was no longer anyone who had known him since he was born.

Everytime I heard a hymn in church I felt like he was singing loudly like he did and was standing right next to me. So I didn't go for awhile cause I would start crying all over again!

It's ok to cry and cry. I'm so sorry. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@catlover    You have my heartfelt condolences.   Both of my parents are gone.  I was especially close to them as we did many things together, and I miss them every single day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  I will say a prayer for your dad and you.

Honored Contributor

Bless your heart! I am sorry about your loss, and you have my best wishes and prayers for good memories to replace some of the sadness soon! 

Honored Contributor

Hugs losing your Mom no mater what your age is never easy, I lost mine 3 years ago and still miss her everyday

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is gut wrenching, I miss mine every day. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan