Honored Contributor

Re: MODERNA VACCINE ANNOUNCEMENT

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

I wonder if this is a single shot or two-dose like the other.  And I wonder if it requires the same type of refrigeration?  

@Krimpette @Yes, it's also an mRNA vaccine and requires the extreme -70 C cold storage to avoid destruction. 
@Krimpette The CEO of Moderna has clarified and the temperature required is -70°C.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

NO, just now heard GMA say it doesn't need sub zero temps to be viable.

Think we're rounding the corner, people !  I'm hopeful !   Debbie downers go away with your dire forecasts, shortages and hoarding. Find something else to dwell on and bring YOURSELF down .

dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

@SharkE @This cat is creepy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I wonder if this is a single shot or two-dose like the other.  And I wonder if it requires the same type of refrigeration?  

@Krimpette @Yes, it's also an mRNA vaccine and requires the extreme -70 C cold storage to avoid destruction. 

@Mindy D and @Krimpette - The Moderna vaccine requires only regular refrigeration. This will make it easier for pharmacies to keep it in stock.

Honored Contributor

IRe: MODERNA VACCINE ANNOUNCEMENT

@Mindy D wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Have they announced long term safety?

@haddon9 They only need to have short term safety results to get approval under Compassionate Use. They will follow participants for two years to get long term safety data.

@Mindy D 

Do they plan to stop at 2 years? That isn’t really very long.

Five years ongoing to 10-15 would be more appropriate especially when they plan to contaminate as many people on the planet as possible with the vaccines.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IRe: MODERNA VACCINE ANNOUNCEMENT

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@haddon9 They only need to have short term safety results to get approval under Compassionate Use. They will follow participants for two years to get long term safety data.

@Mindy D 

Five years ongoing to 10-15 would be more appropriate especially when they plan to contaminate as many people on the planet as possible with the vaccines.

@willdob3 

I will gladly be "contaminated" with the vaccine if it means it helps to get this virus under control.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Mindy D 

@willdob3 

I will gladly be "contaminated" with the vaccine if it means it helps to get this virus under control.

@Anonymous032819 

Well, none of them will work to do that if most people don’t wear masks and practice social distancing. We’d all better pray that all of us do that or there is going to be no end to this.

There isn’t going to be a magic vaccine that lets us go back to life as it was.  We need to accept that and make the necessary changes despite not wanting to.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Mindy D 

@willdob3 

@Anonymous032819 

Well, none of them will work to do that if most people don’t wear masks and practice social distancing. We’d all better pray that all of us do that or there is going to be no end to this.

There isn’t going to be a magic vaccine that lets us go back to life as it was.  We need to accept that and make the necessary changes despite not wanting to.

@willdob3 

You don't know that "none of the vaccines will work".

I would rather be hopeful and optimistic that one will, but you do you, and live your life the way that you want, and kindly let other's do the same.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Treatment is  improving, I think. The cases in the US that are closed by death dropped from 4% to 3% recently. Or the virus is becoming less lethal. Or both. Or something entirely different.

We need good treatment, safe and effective vaccines, and N95 masks for the general public.

People keep forgetting that if we had truly protective masks available to all of us, it could improve the situation nearly as much as a vaccine.

The fact that you still can't buy N95s nearly a year into this is inexplicable to me.

Trusted Contributor

I also heard that we would still be wearing masks,how long they didn't say.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Mindy D 

@willdob3 

@Anonymous032819 

@willdob3 

You don't know that "none of the vaccines will work".

I would rather be hopeful and optimistic that one will, but you do you, and live your life the way that you want, and kindly let other's do the same.

@Anonymous032819 

I pay attention to what the health experts say and that is that masks and social distancing will be needed in addition to any vaccine that is in trials now. NONE of the vaccines have been described as being able to work alone without need of wearing masks. That is fact. That is realistic. 

Thinking a vaccine will magically make it all better isn’t optimistic; it is unrealistic.