Honored Contributor

Today thru Sat the 14th is tax free here in MD on clothes, shoes etc.  make sure if you order from the Q or any other channel you dont get charged tax on these items. Online sites too. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Today thru Sat the 14th is tax free here in MD on clothes, shoes etc.  make sure if you order from the Q or any other channel you dont get charged tax on these items. Online sites too. 

Good point! I had not thought of online purchases. We are having a tax-free weekend. I think lots of states have something similar this time of the year. That must be a nightmare for the IT department.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Wow!  You guys get a whole week?  We only get a tax-free weekend.

Honored Contributor

Some states include school supplies in the deal, MD does not, but I feel it should be included. 

Respected Contributor

We here in South Carolina are having our tax free weekend (yesterday and today only). This not only includes clothes and shoes, but also bedding, computers and school supplies.  I ordered a couple of throws here at the Q as well as some pajamas and got no tax on both.  YIPEE!!!

Respected Contributor

Tax free in my State...never going to happen. My guess is they check before burial to make sure you didn't swallow any coins as a kid cause the State gotta have that too, lol. Enjoy your tax free purchases.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for reminding me !  It's tax free this weekend here in MO, I ordered a pair of jeans from the Q, went back to check my order and taxes were added so I called  CS and they removed the tax from my order

Honored Contributor

We're just finishing our 3-day tax free weekend.  All my purchases sailed through tax free with no problem.  Now to get them shipped with no problem may be another issue. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I  Am glad I live in PA.  We have no sales tax on most clothing and shoes every day.

We pay tax on speciality clothing only...like wedding gowns, suede and fur clothing and clothing for sports.

I like to shop in Delaware too.  They have no sales tax at all.

Honored Contributor

I live in Ohio and we had our tax free weekend this past weekend.  I forgot it was even going on until my husband and I went to a shoe store at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and it was already packed.