Honored Contributor

I had heard suggestions of this in media before, but Dr. Birx just said that data from Italy, may at least preliminarily suggest this.  It went by so quickly that I'm not sure if she said it was risk of mortality, rather than just general risk.

Did anyone catch that?

Valued Contributor

I believe she said twice the mortality rate; not general risk. 

It did go by fast..

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yes.I believe all data coming from Italy.I get updates from friends and family living there

Honored Contributor

Got cnn on,i heard that ,why?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Higher mortality rate among men in Italy than women. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for responding-- I just did a quick search, and one source was positing since men might tend to have more underlying compromising conditions, the virus might prove more deadly to them....   Have no idea of the validity of this, but it is interesting....

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  I also read that women tend to have a stronger immune response than men.  I don’t know if that is true either but it got me thinking - when my husband and I both get a flu shot I will have a slight fever and sore arm for a few days whereas he has nothing that happens. 

Honored Contributor

That is interesting, @itsmagic !

Honored Contributor

That's interesting. We only have one dead in the state right now. Don't know if was male or female.

We have 49 cases right now with 22 female, 27 males cases. Sad that 2 cases are age 0-4.

No tests available where I live. Probably won't ever get any either. I imagine the 2 larger areas in the state have all of them.

Respected Contributor

I'm frustrated (bordering on angry/furious) with my BF now as he doesn't like to wash his hands when he walks in the door.