Honored Contributor

Is it that much better than Garnier, Revlon etc.....

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@catlover For a long time our radio stations were inundated by  these ads. Thankfully they went away and now they are baaaack. I find them annoying. I used Nice 'n Easy for years and loved it.

Respected Contributor

I can't talk to every brand you mentioned but I have tried many different brands since March and I found Madison Reed best. The color stayed true the longest and it gave my thin hair lots of body. Their customer service is very good.

Honored Contributor

@catlover   When I colored my hair I used Natural Instincts and it was less damaging to the hair because there was no ammonia.  As far as Madison Reed I thought they custom make your color.  You could give it a try.  Maybe someone in this forum will respond favorably.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

i don't need to cover gray, but I need high lights. Otherwise my hair is mousy brown.  So I go to the salon for coloring. I'd mess it up.  But a lot of ladies do color their hair.  And it is a heck of alot cheaper.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MADISON REED HAIRCOLOR

[ Edited ]

@catlover wrote:

Is it that much better than Garnier, Revlon etc.....

Not to me. I used it once, was suppose to be medium brown color, it was closer to black. I didn't even leave it on as long as it said, thank goodness. 

Edit to add, I usually use Loreal and have better luck with it. 

Respected Contributor

Any experiences with the Madison Reed Salon?

Does it cover gray?

Respected Contributor

I used MR about 4  or 5 times and really liked it as well as the shampoo and conditioner.  BUT...i decided to stop dying my hair back in FEB. so I no longer use any dye.  It is a little more pricey and the costumer service is wonderful.  

Honored Contributor

They have a dye for gray resistant hair and it works very well, but they don't have as many color options as their regular dye. 

Honored Contributor

I've been using it for a while now, and I really like it.  It covers gray very well, and it lasts longer than other at-home dyes.