Valued Contributor

Never again!! I bought an expensive ring as a gift from Macy's over a month ago. I returned it within 48 hours because it was damaged. They received the return 3 days after that. I checked today and still no refund, so I went to their website. Their contact email address for customer service sends back a message that due to COVID that service does not work. So I looked for a phone number on their site- nothing. I decided to try their Chat and found out from the agent that jewelry takes a month for a refund!! Shouldn't Macy's state that on their website? Meanwhile I will have to pay interest on my credit card if I can't pay off the ring. That's it for Macy's. 

Honored Contributor

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.  Tell them what happened.  

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Never again!! I bought an expensive ring as a gift from Macy's over a month ago. I returned it within 48 hours because it was damaged. They received the return 3 days after that. I checked today and still no refund, so I went to their website. Their contact email address for customer service sends back a message that due to COVID that service does not work. So I looked for a phone number on their site- nothing. I decided to try their Chat and found out from the agent that jewelry takes a month for a refund!! Shouldn't Macy's state that on their website? Meanwhile I will have to pay interest on my credit card if I can't pay off the ring. That's it for Macy's. 

That is just an excuse because I returned a pair of dented earrings and received the refund within 2 days after they received them. Perhaps, another agent could be of assistance. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover   From their updated posts regarding refunds and COVID-19:

For the safety of our Colleagues, we have temporarily reduced staffing at our warehouses. As a result, we are experiencing processing delays up to several weeks, and it may also take several days for your issuer to post activity to your account. Please be assured that refunds for returns will be processed as soon as possible.

I'm sorry this is taking so long but all of us need to be aware of COVID-19 notices wherever we shop.

The agent most likely told you that because the delays, while annoying for the customer, seem to be standard all over the place.

You could call your CC company but since Macy's states this it may be difficult to get them to do anything.

Good luck.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

I totally understand the slow-down. The only thing about returns that I saw on my Macy's page was this:

"Once we receive your mailed return in store, we’ll process your credit immediately. If you’ve provided us with an email address, we’ll email you once your return has been received and your credit has been processed."

Had I known otherwise I would not have bought from them. They have no problem taking your money in short order, but refunding it is another animal! 

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

I totally understand the slow-down. The only thing about returns that I saw on my Macy's page was this:

"Once we receive your mailed return in store, we’ll process your credit immediately. If you’ve provided us with an email address, we’ll email you once your return has been received and your credit has been processed."

Had I known otherwise I would not have bought from them. They have no problem taking your money in short order, but refunding it is another animal! 

That is true of every vendor, price quickly charged, refunds take days/weeks.  Not just Macy's.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

It is not unusual for companies to delay reembursement for returns of jewelry and electronics due to the high degree of theft of these items. If you want to speed things up and you purchased on a major credit card, call the credit card company. 

Respected Contributor

All the Macy's stores in my area are open.  I also bought a ring online and decided to return it.  It was a five minute process in the store.  Due to insurance issues and postal office delays, I find going to the store much easier and more secure than return by mail, especially with fine jewelry.  Macy's always has great jewelry sales.

Honored Contributor

Re: MACY'S NIGHTMARE!!

[ Edited ]

Macy's alleged customer service during this pandemic has been among the worst I've experienced. I finally gave up on a price adjustment after learning, as did the OP, that they aren't answering emails and, at the time, they weren't answering the phone after numerous attempts. Later, I tried calling again and was told via a recording my wait time would be an hour. No thanks. And this will go on indefinitely, you can bet on it, because they're getting away with it. They're happy to keep selling and sending out, but want no part of standing behind what they're selling. Their corporate office, stores and customer service contacts have all been completely unresponsive. I think we all get that times are hard, but this is no way to treat customers, most especially when business isn't exactly booming and stores are being closed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Thank you!! Great idea!!