Frequent Contributor

RATS!!!!!!    I did buy a great deal on Lunchtime Specials and Primetime Specials. That's when I did the bulk of my shopping for what was on those to time frames,  and I would look at other items for the day at the same time.   QVC IS NARROWING DOWN MY DESIRE TO SHOP WITH THEM AT ALL  AND I AM A MAJOR SHOPPER IF YOU LOOK AT MY PURCHASE HISTORY!!   And to lose LINEA is an awful decision on someone's part.   We ladies that have more purchase power because we are of a certain age and have worked our entire lives to get to where we are.......need high end designers to purchase from without having to go to brick and mortor stores.  WAKE UP QVC!!

Esteemed Contributor

While I didn't buy a lot of lunchtome (or primetime) specials- it did get me on Q's site most days and I'd peruse (&/or purchase)  other items! 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

While I didn't buy a lot of lunchtome (or primetime) specials- it did get me on Q's site most days and I'd peruse (&/or purchase)  other items! 

@Ibby114 - Exactly!  I did buy quite a lot from the lunchtime specials (not so much from primetime).  But even if I didn't buy anything on a particular day, I always checked out the website each day.  Now?  Not so much reason to bother, other than checking out the forums!

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

If QVC powers-that-be think that cutting out special options and very special vendors, they are just hastening their demise.

I honestly don't see any of the shopping channels being around in another 5 years or so.  They have had their day.  Do people under the age of 40 shop on these channels????

Contributor

I think they are doing away with as is. There is very little as is items now. Used to be so many.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

Also - when QVC started, there weren't so many stores with online presence.  Now you can buy just about anythng from multiple sources online.  Many at lower prices and free shipping.   

Before she bought Attitudes to QVC, I bought Renee's things from Catalogs that carried various labels.

--------------------------------

@kaydee50 wrote:

I honestly don't see any of the shopping channels being around in another 5 years or so.  They have had their day.  Do people under the age of 40 shop on these channels????

Honored Contributor

I figure it is only a matter of time before they eliminate lunchtime specials completely just like they did the prime time specials. 

I got quite a few nice things from the specials and will miss them. I don’t have the time to search through all the clearance items looking for good deals so it will mean I buy a lot less from QVC. I don’t sit and watch the live programming. I work full time and just shop online. 

Occasional Contributor

It saddens me that they discontinued the Primetime Specials and now eliminated weekends for the Lunchtime Specials.  I checked every day to see if there was something I was interested in.  Luckily, I found a lot of great deals.

Occasional Contributor

Is discontinuing the primetime specials the idea of some new cost cutting, bean counter hired by QVC? BIG MISTAKE.

Having these specials prompted many shoppers (like me) to log into QVC and shop additional products. NOW is not the time to discourage QVC shoppers.    

Honored Contributor

Just wondering .....

Maybe now they'll show more reduced price items on the air rather than online..

Not good for me - I don't like those style and closet shows where they show items from various vendors.