Honored Contributor

I saw this ad on Pinterest and I was reminded about the times when moms and dads added lunch notes.  Usually it was a message written on a napkin. Heart

Now they have templates for them, LOL.

Do/did you write lunch notes to your kids/spouse?

Did you love to receive them as a child?  What did they say?

Honored Contributor

Never got any "lunch notes" as a kid.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lunch Notes

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono, cute! Heart

Trusted Contributor

I put notes in my husband's lunch box.  Sometimes, the other men will tease him but he says that they are just jealous because they don't get notes!  

Honored Contributor

I used to put notes in my daughters lunch box and sometimes I would cut her sandwiches into shapes using cookie cutters.

She was a PB&J kid through most of school so it was easy to use the cookie cutters.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I wrote lunch notes for my kids.....not daily, but sometimes. Of course they didn't take their lunch all the time. I just wrote little positive sayings, or the an I love you...I sure miss those days.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

A couple of years ago I wrote thinking of you on a paper with my daughters name

and you can do this on the morning of a big test.

Good idea for the first day of school too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lunch Notes

[ Edited ]

Like it isn't hard enough to get up , get ready for work, walk the dog, get DH & kids up and ready and make breakfast and  lunches. Now you have to add inspirational notes.

Respected Contributor

I never received any notes, but I have written a few over the years.

That's just a plain piece of paper.  You could trace a yogurt lid or anything and do this.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Like it isn't hard enough to get up , get ready for work, walk the dog, get DH & kids up and ready and make breakfast and  lunches. Now you have to add inspirational notes.

Not every one waits til it's time to run out the door to make lunch.  Lots of working people do it the night before.....