Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

We bought four five gallon drums to stain our home.  One tub had drips and we didn't want it but it was the last one (and we were told it would be two weeks until there was more).  As we were loading it it drilled on the rubber mat in the back of our car; we took it back into store.  Th re e employees told us it was fine, that another can had fallen off the shelf and splashed on it.  They wrapped it in a plastic bag and we took it home.  Today our painter tried to use it to spray house--fully 1/4 of it was water!! I called the Manager, told him I was bringing it back and I wanted the $162.00 removed from my bill and I wanted them to replace it (at no cost) quickly as this was clearly fraud.  They did and said they would bring it up at a Team meeting.  We feel that one or more employees knew this was defective.

Honored Contributor

@Patbz  You should have told him you'd be relating your experience online where thousand of people would read it.

You can delete the first post by clicking on the three horizontal dots, hit delete and confirm.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Lowes fraud

[ Edited ]

Maybe a customer used most of it & filled with water so they could return it. There is no way of knowing what exactly happened. I would not say Lowe's Fraud.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

We bought four five gallon drums to stain our home.  One tub had drips and we didn't want it but it was the last one (and we were told it would be two weeks until there was more).  As we were loading it it drilled on the rubber mat in the back of our car; we took it back into store.  Th re e employees told us it was fine, that another can had fallen off the shelf and splashed on it.  They wrapped it in a plastic bag and we took it home.  Today our painter tried to use it to spray house--fully 1/4 of it was water!! I called the Manager, told him I was bringing it back and I wanted the $162.00 removed from my bill and I wanted them to replace it (at no cost) quickly as this was clearly fraud.  They did and said they would bring it up at a Team meeting.  We feel that one or more employees knew this was defective.

It might well be bad/unethical behavior by employees, but if you reported it to store management and they refunded your money, will provide you with what you need and it will be brought to all employees' attention, I can't see that as fraud. You might term knowing employees' actions (or non-actions) as fraud, but Lowe's the store made things right with you, indicating they had no intention to defraud. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Why is this fraud?

1st, you accepted a possibly defective pail.  Isn't this the pail that you had troubles with?

2nd, I don't believe any store employee would know anything of this, there are mostly part time employees working there.

3rd, I would of taken it back immediately, I can't believe that they offered you credit and you returned nothing?

4th, this is very unfair to Lowe's, there wasn't any fraud.

You had the option to wait another 2 wks and opted not to,