Respected Contributor

I have learned a lot in the past year, having to deal with a lot of health/financial/stress issues. Friends and relatives are so quick to say they "love you" and will "pray for you", but do nothing to actually help the situation at hand.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Do you show the people you love by actions?

Yes!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Actions are important.  It's hard for some people to verbally express their feelings.  Doing things for loved ones is a great way to show how much you care.  Actions are not only good for the person you are doing them for, but they make you feel good, too.

I, personally, never get tired of hearing that someone loves me.  Don't assume that someone knows that you love them, just because you are around!  I have had days where I felt very unloved, sad, lonely, depressed, forgotten, etc.  Just by someone saying  --- I love you, I care about you and what happens to you --- makes all the difference.  

Also, taking the time to listen, really listen to someone, really shows that you care and that you find the person to have value and importance.

Turn off that t.v., that radio, that phone, that gaming device and pay attention to that person sitting next to you or in the next room!!!!

Giving of your time and attention is about the best gift you can give someone that you care about!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Actions are important.  It's hard for some people to verbally express their feelings.  Doing things for loved ones is a great way to show how much you care.  Actions are not only good for the person you are doing them for, but they make you feel good, too.

I, personally, never get tired of hearing that someone loves me.  Don't assume that someone knows that you love them, just because you are around!  I have had days where I felt very unloved, sad, lonely, depressed, forgotten, etc.  Just by someone saying  --- I love you, I care about you and what happens to you --- makes all the difference.  

Also, taking the time to listen, really listen to someone, really shows that you care and that you find the person to have value and importance.

Turn off that t.v., that radio, that phone, that gaming device and pay attention to that person sitting next to you or in the next room!!!!

Giving of your time and attention is about the best gift you can give someone that you care about!!!  

@AngelPuppy1

You are right, LOVE is spelled TIME. 

Honored Contributor

However you can!  I can cook and bake.  I do this at times.  I also keep my eye out for gifts I know they might like.

My overall plan is to make sure I get to spend time with these people.  I don't live close to many of my loved ones, so it takes some planning to be sure we see each other as often as we can. 

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I have learned a lot in the past year, having to deal with a lot of health/financial/stress issues. Friends and relatives are so quick to say they "love you" and will "pray for you", but do nothing to actually help the situation at hand.

I hear you, same here. Talk is beyond cheap. People who don't actually offer help in the form of action, well I have opinions about them that I can't say here. 

You find out what people are really made of, and who they really are, in situations of true crisis and need. It's eye opening and disappointing, to say the least. Sometimes the kindness of strangers is all that gets you through.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21...I  have received more kindness from strangers than I have from relatives. What is wrong with that picture? SMH.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer I have too. Giving you a virtual hug. 

You find love and hope where you can, when you can't get it from where you're supposed to. That's what I've had to do. It hurts so much but there's happiness in it too. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

First of all not a day goes by where I don't tell my DH & son that I love them!! If I drop dead tomorrow I don't want them to doubt for a minute how much I cared  for them.

Second of all I always support & encourage them. I always tell them the truth,even if it hurts.But at the same time I lift them up.I help them see that they are worthy & deserving of everything they want. I instill confidence in them so they can face the world & accomplish their goals.

My loved ones know that I'm here for them 24/7. Both my DH & son have credited me on many occasions as being the "glue that holds our family together". They feel my love everyday,& I feel theirs!!!