Honored Contributor

How do you show the people you love ,that you do by actions?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I tell them that I love them.

Then I usually cook and/or bake for them  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

How do you show the people you love ,that you do by actions?

As the poster before me said...i tell them all the time that i love them.......My family growing up although very close...were never very verbal expressing our feelings...so i make sure my family hears it all the time...............................secondly...i see what a loved one might need and try to help....whether it be financial, support, a day out, etc....

Honored Contributor

I think actions speak much louder than words.  Words are just words, it's what you do for peoople and how you treat them that really tells them how you feel.  

Respected Contributor

Be there for them when needed.  Practical, little things you would do for them.  Cook dinner.  Pick them up from work.  Do their laundry.  Hook up their printer.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I tell them that I think they really understand me no matter what...even when I don't always have the right things to say and that is why I love them so much.

Honored Contributor

I think my husband thinks it is nagging sometimes....but I question his food choices and try to steer him in a better direction.  I never tell him something is a bad choice...but try to give suggestions that are healthier choices. 

I tell him I do it out of love...that I want him around for a long time.  Most  times he still does what he wants.   You can lead a horse to water....bla bla bla.....

Respected Contributor

It's important to tell people that you love them in addition to showing it. This is what I learned from my own experience and from reading studies etc. Humans need certain things psychologically and emotionally to  feel secure and in turn to feel happy. Security is at the core of any person's sense of normalcy particularly for children.

I don't believe that words are just words. Words and language are the main way humans communicate. IMO what you say and don't say it critically important. Your kids or your husband may not really know that you love them because you do certain things. I can never understand why some people are so reluctant to say 'I love you' when it's so essential to well being.

We're only here for a limited amount of time. Say what you feel and then double tap by showing it with actions. It makes you happier in the process. Win-win.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

I think by being there for them in time of need and being thoughtful...

Super Contributor

@goldensrbest

We have been married for 40 years, and the best marriage advise we were given is to find out what our partners love language was.  In other words what says I love you when we do ___________.  For me, my husband always helps me fold laundry.  He always holds my hand every day, and helps me with the dishes every night. He tells me he loves me every day.   For him, it is meeting him every day at the door at night when he  comes in with a kiss, and asking about his day.  Telling him that I love him every day.  Giving him several hugs every day.  Giving him genuine respect.  It is different for every body.