Esteemed Contributor

Re: Louise Penny's next book

On 4/10/2015 Judaline said:

I love Gamache. I had to stop reading the previous book because the two main characters were two people I don't like and it was all about one searching for the other. I read all the other books but just couldn't abide that one. But this new one may start me up again. August, huh? OK, I'll be looking for it.

JUDALINE, sounds like Louise Penny heard you haha. Ruth appears to have resurfaced in this one! LM

Honored Contributor

Did she bring the duck?

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Judaline said:

Did she bring the duck?

I wonder what the average lifespan of a duck is?
Honored Contributor

Google says about 10 years but few live that long-5-7 years probably. Uh-oh.

Esteemed Contributor

Judaline, Alter Ego, now you've got me trying to remember the duck's name and it's driving me crazy! Does anybody remember? LM

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/11/2015 Lilysmom said:

Judaline, Alter Ego, now you've got me trying to remember the duck's name and it's driving me crazy! Does anybody remember? LM

Rosa? Was trying to look up and one Amazon review complained that the names of the ducks changed - that they were Rosa and Lillium but we're called Rosa and Flora in the last book. I didn't research that statement, but when looking for the duck's name, did see that Lillium had died in a review of the original novel. So, I wonder if the name was changed?
Esteemed Contributor

Alter Ego, I certainly remember Rosa but don't remember Lillium. I looked and couldn't find the name so thanks for checking. Looking forward to the new book. LM

Honored Contributor

It was always Rosa I think. Dunno how I forgot her name. Thanks