Esteemed Contributor

Here is the latest for those who follow Chief Inspector Gamache and the Three Pines residents...LM

The big news is that book #11 in the Chief Inspector Gamache series is going to be published on August 25th. It's called THE NATURE OF THE BEAST and is set in Three Pines, Quebec. Here's a very brief synopsis, some might even call it a tease!

Hardly a day goes by when nine year old Laurent Lepage doesn't cry wolf. From alien invasions, to walking trees, to winged beasts in the woods, to dinosaurs spotted in the village of Three Pines, his tales are so extraordinary no one can possibly believe him. Including Armand and Reine-Marie Gamache, who now live in the little Quebec village.

But when the boy disappears the villagers are faced with the possibility that one of his tall tales might have been true.

And so begins a frantic search for the boy and the truth. What they uncover deep in the forest sets off a sequence of events that leads to murder, leads to an old crime, leads to an old betrayal. Leads right to the door of an old poet.

And now it is now, writes Ruth Zardo. And the dark thing is here. A monster once visited Three Pines. And put down deep roots. And now, Ruth knows, it is back.

Armand Gamache, the former head of homicide for the Sûreté du Québec, must face the possibility that, in not believing the boy, he himself played a terrible part in what happens next.

Respected Contributor

Re: Louise Penny's next book

I adore Inspector Gamache!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up - just preordered on Amazon. I like Gamache, but wish they would get rid of his 2nd in command - unlikely since he's now involved with his daughter. Anyways, also ordered the upcoming Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel. Curious how it will be with new writer.
Respected Contributor

I'm really looking forward to this one! I almost hated her last book, which is hard to do with a writer as gifted as Ms. Penny. Thanks, Lilysmom for posting.

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Alter Ego said: Thanks for the heads up - just preordered on Amazon. I like Gamache, but wish they would get rid of his 2nd in command - unlikely since he's now involved with his daughter. Anyways, also ordered the upcoming Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel. Curious how it will be with new writer.

Alter Ego, I hadn't heard of another sequel to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. Who is the author and what's the name of the book?

Valued Contributor

Love Gamache and the eclectic mix of characters in Three Pines. Of course, Ruth is always a hoot.....or should I say a honk?

Valued Contributor

I am almost dreading the release of her next book. I listen to them and the reader, Ralph Chosam, was incredible. He brought every character to life and gave each book a sense of grace. He passed away last year and I can't imagine how the new books will sound. I have read postings by Louise on how incredibly lucky she was to have him read her books and I'm sure it will be difficult for her to find someone to replace him.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2015 smokymtngal said:
On 4/9/2015 Alter Ego said: Thanks for the heads up - just preordered on Amazon. I like Gamache, but wish they would get rid of his 2nd in command - unlikely since he's now involved with his daughter. Anyways, also ordered the upcoming Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel. Curious how it will be with new writer.

Alter Ego, I hadn't heard of another sequel to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. Who is the author and what's the name of the book?

"The Girl in the Spider's Web" by David Lagercrantz. Out Sept 1st.
Esteemed Contributor

Looking forward to the new book The Girl in the Spider's Web also. Thanks for posting this. LM

Honored Contributor

I love Gamache. I had to stop reading the previous book because the two main characters were two people I don't like and it was all about one searching for the other. I read all the other books but just couldn't abide that one. But this new one may start me up again. August, huh? OK, I'll be looking for it.