Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Signing autographs before court appointment!

I bet they will get off because it is their first offense and, of course, they are actors with money.  Lori is disgusting and has the nerve to treat this like she is outside the Golden Globes.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

One of the big questions is:  did they deduct these payments off of their taxes as contributions?  If they did, they are, shall we say, in very hot water.  Otherwise, there will be a plea deal, anyway - if Martha had to go to jail, they should, too.

Respected Contributor

Well there is a Justice system for the rich and famous,then there's one for the rest of us.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Not these two pictured but 2 other college student young women told Boston TV reporters the case is a Big Joke ... uhhh its really not but it really is, like, a Joke you know? (paraphrasing)

@CatsyCline  They're right, it IS  a big joke. They know, like the majority of us, that nothing is going to happen to them. The rest of us? Prison time, of course. But them; nothing. My 19 year old tells me it's part of the discussion you hear all over campus; that the Rich and Famous are different than us and boy, we ALL want to be Rich and Famous! At least, college kids do someday. He and his peers are disgusted but at the same time, have ZERO faith anything will happen. It's a joke; a waste of time, why bother, etc. because the Rich and Famous play by a different set of rules. These kids know it. You better believe the richy-rich kids know it too. 

Honored Contributor

I heard something on the news radio yesterday that DOJ wants all defendants (if/when convicted) to serve jail time.  

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

On the news this morning they showed Felicity Huffman arriving to court with one person with her, and then they showed Lori Loughlin with an entourage and stopping to wave and sign autographs, also signing them at the airport upon arrival.

Interesting.....Wonder what will happen with all of this? 

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Hey, this isn't really all that unusual.    She's in the entertainment "business" ....   and innocent until proven guilty.   If the people accompanying her (and the police) didn't plan the entrance right, what is she supposed to do ..... shove fans aside ?  Lori probably needs all the positive energy she can get right now.  

Some celebrities get shuffled through a side door, but since people mill around for a "celebrity sighting", the police have to deal with the congestion until that person has left.  

Thinking back, there were plenty of people out front of the courthouse for M Jackson, Cosby, OJ, etc etc etc.   It happens ...  and what happens in the courtroom is more important than what happens outside right now.   

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

On the news this morning they showed Felicity Huffman arriving to court with one person with her, and then they showed Lori Loughlin with an entourage and stopping to wave and sign autographs, also signing them at the airport upon arrival.

Interesting.....Wonder what will happen with all of this? 

What a country!  Someone scamming the system and fools seeking her autograph.  

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I heard something on the news radio yesterday that DOJ wants all defendants (if/when convicted) to serve jail time.  

I won't hold my breath for prison time....might be a repeat of Smollet.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   I imagine they will buy their way out of jail as well.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious as to why so many posters think that nothing is going to happen (to Lori and/or Felicity)?

Is it that you think the prosecutors will drop the charges? (as we know has happened elsewhere)

or that they will go to trial and be found not guilty?

or that they will enter a plea?  The issue with that is at least 3 parents are known to be ahead of them in that game at this point.   Maybe they'll wait and see what the sentences will be, but it could be too late at that point. 

First one in often gets the best deal (Law and Order rule).