Honored Contributor

Leronlimab, an experimental drug in it's second phase of testing with the FDA and could be approved within 4 weeks has shown improvement in covd pts on ventilators that were able to get off ventilators (where normaly 85% do not get off them).It was tested on severely ill pts in NYC.

Just read this on news this morning. 

that is hopeful isn't it?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Leronlimab, an experimental drug in it's second phase of testing with the FDA and could be approved within 4 weeks has shown improvement in covd pts on ventilators that were able to get off ventilators (where normaly 85% do not get off them).It was tested on severely ill pts in NYC.

Just read this on news this morning. 

that is hopeful isn't it?!

I think it IS "hopeful", and I will tell you that living where I live, with a loved one who is 91 and has tested positive to the virus,in a locked down assisted living facility, I am clinging to every little breath of hope that I encounter.

We see evidence on the news EVERY DAY of people who are outside of our area and have become bored and restless at the limitations placed on them, and apparently decide "It won't be me", and violate rules and attempt to prematurely re-enter the wonderful, limitless, unfettered life that we knew 6 months ago.

I BEG YOU, no matter what motivates you to take the chance, the risk, the one time excuse- PLEASE DON'T.

Watch the goldfinches in the back yard, re-organize your underwear drawer, watch the Tiger Guy on TV, DON'T GO OUT. WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN. IF YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR HOUSE, WITH NO OTHER CHOICE, WEAR A MASK TO PROTECT OTHERS.

Where you are, life may look pretty normal right now. That can turn on a dime. I'd give anything, ANYTHING, TO BE WITH MY LOVED ONE. I CAN'T. It's so tough here, I can't even reach the facility by phone, because caregivers are too busy with care that they can't answer the phones. 

Thank you @on the bay , for starting my day with this. I heard about it last night, and slept better for hearing it. May it benefit MANY! But do ALL YOU CAN DO, wherever you are, to PROTECT YOURSELF.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that is wonderful news indeed! Sounds like answered prayers. I hope it is as prosmising as it sounds.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@violann , I cannot imagine. Prayers for you and your loved one in the nursing home.

Honored Contributor

@violann -

I know how intensely worried you must be!

All hope and prayers for your loved one and all of us!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"