Valued Contributor

Re: Long long presentations!!!!!!

QVC has turned into an info-mercial channel that sell air time to vendors.  I'm thinking this b/c much of what is shown is shipped by the vendor---not QVC.

JMO, QVC does not buy the items from these vendors to ship to the QVC customers; they sell the air time.

Respected Contributor

Agree that  an hour on much anything is too much.

Perhaps a detailed description of a computer, but I wouldn't watch it!

HSN might be worse.  They will spend an hour talking about a perfume.  Sorry, I will either like it or not by smelling it!  Just send a small sample with a prior purchase.

I have heard them do an hour on especially Lancome fragrances, but other "celebrity" ones too.

Hyacinth    Cat Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I hate that too.  So boring.  I think Evine is the worst.  When they get on one of those watch binges that go on for days and days, I just want to poke my eyes out with a fork.  

I do change the channel, of course, when it happens.  I just don't see why they feel the need to sell watches for large blocks of evening time for several days in a row to begin with.  

Frequent single hour blocks I could take, but seemingly endless days and days and days and days of nothing but watches....ugh.  It's been several weeks since they had a big watch marathon  It's getting close to Christmas so it's probably time for another, LOL.  Accck!  

Trusted Contributor

I agree. Years ago when Kathy Levine, Jeff Hewson, Judy Crowell and Paul Deasy were hosting I would have the tv on for background as well. Although I would take the time and watch Kathy. Now I go online and look for what I need and call it a day. I do check in to see what David is presenting and watch but not for four hours. The hosts who are on these days are so loud and shrill that I prefer not to watch. 

I shop QVC online and works well for me.