Respected Contributor

Re: Long long presentations!!!!!!

Sometimes I buy the product just to get them to sell out!  That will fix them!!!  birgits_giggle.gif

Esteemed Contributor

1.  It's gotten to the point where they are actually "Infomercials!"  You can find these on many a channel every day and way more over night.  You and I are clearly not looking for infomercials.

2.  QVC purchases "X" number of a product from a vendor and will saturate their programing until they are almost sold out.

3.  This does not affect me any longer, as I'm still unable to log-in to purchase. Ha-ha-ha QVC.  Oh, I can log-in to the forums, but not onto the sales side.  Now that's a failure if ever there was one; and, I'v been round and round with the folks who were supposed to fix this numerous times.  Once in a blue moon, it lets me in.  Weird, very weird.  I just don't purchase any longer.

Honored Contributor

12 hours of a day devoted to Bose, Dyson, Philosophy, or Nutirsystem is dandy.

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I hate these long presentations.  I want them to get on to something else.  I must say it is a skill to be able to talk about one product for an hour.  I would say what it is, features, who it is for and why you should buy it and I would be done.  For the responders who are going to jump on here and tell me to change channel, I know that I can and I do.  Qvc is in the background while I am doing other things. I am always looking for a new product or idea. I can go take out the dogs, clean, cook etc. and come back and they are still doing that product.  You see it, you like or need it  and you buy it or pass on it.  I guess they are trying to catch the people who just tuned in. 

Heck there are some electronics I could talk about for 2 or more hours and it would barely scratch the surface of it's features and/or capabilities. 

Now were I to talk about my stud earrings? Different story.

Once again I will give my "speel" about using a "time shifting device" (remember the VCR)? Now we have VCR/DVR/TIVO/DVD Recorders available. A person can actually WATCH WHAT they WANT and WHEN they WANT to WATCH it!

Amazing isn'it?  But some would rather????

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I agree.  It doesn't take me that long to drive to a store and buy a computer, mattress, blender, or anything else that takes them an hour to sell. 

Super Contributor

I did puchase the Dell TSV.  I watched 2 presentations - Rick and then Dan H.  Neither one was helpful.  It was the same thing over and over.  They didn't even show the setup.   I checked online for the info and frequently asked questions that they never covered. 

Respected Contributor

@MadameQueen wrote:

I did puchase the Dell TSV.  I watched 2 presentations - Rick and then Dan H.  Neither one was helpful.  It was the same thing over and over.  They didn't even show the setup.   I checked online for the info and frequently asked questions that they never covered. 

Yes, that what aggrevates me the most.  Instead of throughtly going over the product, its just jib jab.  Many, many years back, the presentations on products (ie., electronics, tools, appliances) were very detailed.  I appreciated that greatly.  

Frequent Contributor

Thank you QVC. You are saving me a lot of money by showing the same product over and over .

Valued Contributor

Agree...

I used to get so many gift ideas from the Q this time of year, and now on expensive TSV days, about half their air time goes to that one product. 

and the hour long shows are mostly filled up with not information about the product, but horrible testimonial calls and constant updates about how many are left in each color. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I  remember the TSV being sold for not more than 15min. at one time , am I right about that ? In the past it seems like the TSV sold out very quickly and that was that, now it drags out forever. I remember when D&B wasn't so expensive and the TSV would be sold out in a few hours.