Respected Contributor

Rose set for me!

Honored Contributor

I just ordered two sets, what sold me is that they nest.  I already have several pieces of L&L but some are missing a lock, some are missing a top, etc.

I have red but I love that teal, and red and teal color used to be big together in the 40s (which I love for my kitchen) so I got the teal for the kitchen. 

I also got the rose which I will split with my daughter to hold crafts.  She's been looking for something to hold her huge gel pen set from Costco and I'm always looking for something to store things in.  Both of us have rose in our bedroom rugs.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock 'N Lock TSV?

[ Edited ]

Copper. It was very pretty. I had ordered the Peach set over the weekend. If not, I would have picked up the Coper.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the TSV a few days ago and last night I ordered the mini Zen cups as well. These will be helpful for me, because I plan to use them for portion control for my meals.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

If elongated style is being offered - be aware that the closing clips (2 on each long side) don't stay down.  I first read about it on here but didn't cancel my order.  Yup, the OP of that posting is correct.  They do pop right up - too much stress / plastic can't hold the cover.  I was going to give to charity but decided not good for other people to spend their money for these.  Into the trash they go.

Dont know what elongated style means but i have this set in copper and it functions fine.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

If elongated style is being offered - be aware that the closing clips (2 on each long side) don't stay down.  I first read about it on here but didn't cancel my order.  Yup, the OP of that posting is correct.  They do pop right up - too much stress / plastic can't hold the cover.  I was going to give to charity but decided not good for other people to spend their money for these.  Into the trash they go.

Dont know what elongated style means but i have this set in copper and it functions fine.

Rectangular?

Honored Contributor

I hope everybody enjoys their new set.   What I like about this set is the variety.  You have bowls, squares, and rectangulars.

A while back I got a set of squares, probably the same sizes as the ones in this set, and I LOVE them.

Well, ok, I love all of my L&L.  I've been using it for over ten years now and it's just THE best airtight storage you can get.  I've tested them all and that's why I say that.  Smiley Happy   It's the best thing this side of vacuum sealing. Everything I store that's not in L&L is vacuum sealed.  IMO, both are very necessary for food storage.

Although much of mine is red, I was kind of interested in the 'peach', as I love the color peach.  But these really look like a full-on orange on my tv and on my computer.  I think for peach I'd like it to be just a little bit lighter (more of a pastel), and more in the middle - not orangey and not pink-y.  I wish I knew how this peach really looks.

What am I saying?  I probably have some 300 pieces.  I don't NEED any more.  *sigh*  SMH at self.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Do you keep things other than food in some of yours?

Honored Contributor

I decided to go with the tall canister storage set instead of the  TSV. I need to organize my pantry so I need larger containers.

Honored Contributor

Noel7 wrote:

@chickenbutt

Do you keep things other than food in some of yours?

'Course I do, Silly Bear!  Smiley Happy  

I know I have one with cotton balls, one with Q-Tips, and stuff like - especially for small quantities that I could take when I traveled.  I don't travel anymore but it was nice to just put the amount of those kinds of things I'd need for a trip into a small L&L so they didn't get crushed.

Also, you know how some of them come with these divider things?   I really don't have any use for those divider pieces in my food storage so what I do is take those and use them in places like my bathroom cabinet and such.  There are taller ones into which you can stand your pencils and other long-ish tube type things.  I use a variety of the sizes for things like that.  They go nicely into the bathroom cabinet so I can stand these items, making them easy to see and not all jumbled up.

I have to think what else I have.  People make fun of me because I can find a size in my collection to fit ANYTHING.  Well, anything that isn't bigger than the biggest ones I have.  

The biggest ones I use for the 30# bag of dog food I get each month.  Not all in one container, of course, as that would be impractical.  I have it split up in three of them.  I put the ones not in use in the refrigerator I have out in the garage so I only need to have one of those in the kitchen cabinet at any given time.