Regular Contributor

Just watched a Q show with MARY. See her in ITKWD all the time but had seen her since she is also doing hosting. 

Thank you MARY for doing such a good job.

Respected Contributor

Re: What a breath of fresh air

Love her calm manner of presenting items. 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen her host alone, only saw her tandem hosting with Rachel and she was very enjoyable.  Smiley Happy

There was also a new blonde host that I saw I believe Saturday in the very early morning hours.  Her name escapes me right now.  I'm not sure what she did prior to QVC but she was a natural.  You would have thought she has been doing this for years.  She's better than some of the more seasoned hosts.       

Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully the over-the-top female hosts will tune in to her shows..........

Respected Contributor

Hearts to Mary ... I always said she should be a host and it came true.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

I seen her in the overnight hours selling JR....she was fabulous...all the hosts should be like her...she is fun...funny...knows what she is doing..pleasant to the vendors and callers...

I could have sworn she said she was going to be doing this TSV at midnight...I was dissapointed to see Rick...I like Rick but i was looking forward to seeing Mary....

Honored Contributor

I have not seen Mary alone yet.  I like her very much.  She seems quite pleasant and calm.

Some of the older hosts are starting to become stale and boring.  I guess it's natural when you've been doing the same job for 20 plus years.

Trusted Contributor

If you think about it, there's a core group of long time hosts that will probably be retiring within the new few years, so they need to start bringing in some fresh young faces who will fill those slots.  I REALLY like Mary - have always enjoyed her on ITKWD - and am so pleased to see her as a regular host!  I think she's just one of those people who is very congenial and likeable. 

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Hopefully the over-the-top female hosts will tune in to her shows..........

I saw her the other night and i thought she was really good, calm, informative.....lets just hope she doesn't "change" as some of the other hosts have.....

Honored Contributor

Trouble is... those breaths of fresh air have a tendency to become gasps of choking smog.   They don't want quiet,  sedate,  well-behaved hosts obviously so will push until she ramps it up.   Remember how Jacque was a breath of fresh air at one time? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment