Honored Contributor
I would imagine public libraries would be pretty gross all the time...even before this latest health crisis. With so many other options now, libraries have become almost “ old school” so how they manage to sanitize so many books sounds pretty impossible to me. The only time I visit our local public library is when they are collection places for homeless drives or to vote, since it is our official voting precinct.
Honored Contributor

My friend goes to a lot of classes at her library. Only had four people in her ukulele class (normally 16) and 22 at a group event that normally has 80. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I live in Washington state and I am worried about them closing the library.  They have closed just about everything else!   I may have to reluctantly buy a Kindle.

Amazon had a pop up sale on a Fire 10 tablet last week. There maybe a Kindle on sale anytime. I usually check the site everyday. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

husband just got home from library...went to listen to a local author....knew it's always a very small audience...while he was there he noticed there wasn't a puzzle to work on.  lady at library said people are so gross...licking their fingers to pick up a puzzle piece...geez people....leave your disgusting habits at home....husband was told there was talk about closing the library.....

---

When I was a kid, I used to see many older people licking their fingers when turning pages in a book or magazine.

I only rarely see it now. Gross habit.

I read library books on my ipad. My library also has audio books, but the selection is very limited.

Not the library but I see people lick their fingers All The Time at the grocery store to open those plastic bags.  Ewwww.