Honored Contributor

Local Grange Fair

[ Edited ]

Our local Grange Fair starts today. We used to go for years, mostly to see the kids and their animals. Also, to see the different projects and displays. 

Today I was reading about the Fair. There is a large building for projects people in nursing homes have made. They baked goods, grew fruits and vegetables, made quilts, paintings and needlework. 

What a great idea. Not sure if this is new or I just don't remember from previous Fairs. But so glad to see it. Guess it is time to go back and see what I have been missing.

Valued Contributor

Is this different from a county fair?  I actually have a set of Grange cookbooks my mother bought form me about 40 years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

Is this different from a county fair?  I actually have a set of Grange cookbooks my mother bought form me about 40 years ago. 

I have never been to a County Fair. But I bet it is similar. The 4 H kids have their animals judged. There is judging for antique tractors, food stands, 4 H kids make and sew different items and people baking. It is small and that makes it nice. You don't have to walk for miles and it's a nice way to spend the 3 - 4 hours in the afternoon.