Respected Contributor
On 7/9/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

For me, there is no downside. I was married for a short time and it wasn't great.

My personal experience with being alone is good. I come and go as I please. I vacation where I want and enjoy seeing things and doing things on my own. I always can find interesting people to chat with while on vacation so it isn't lonely at all.

I have family and friends that are there to talk to when I want. I have no problem eating alone. I have friends over at times. I have the dogs all of the time and my cat, al who keep me from being really "alone".

But, I've always been independent and sort of a self-entertaining, self-involved person. Smiley Happy

(I am 61)...I have to agree. I have been divorced almost 20 yrs. I used to have dinner ready, then sit & wait for my hubby to come home from the bar to a cold dinner. I absolutley LOVE being alone. I grew up an only child, so I am really used to it. I keep my G-kids alot, but they are getting older & now I am (again)alone alot(& like it!!). I have many friends, that I try to meet for lunch as often as I can. I spend alot of time on FB chatting with distant friends from school & former co-workers. My elderly mom lives a block from me, & I have to check on her daily & do alot for her. I eat WHEN I want, & WHAT I want, I sleep WHEN I want, for as long as I want. I like to shop alone verses with someone. I like being in the car/driving alone, my thoughts are always running. If I want to make happy hour, I do & stay as long as I want,lol..

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE my life!!!!