Trusted Contributor
On 1/14/2015 sylviahomeatlast said:

remember all the "posing" and the self adoration in the camera?

Oh yeah. That and the "Madison Avenue" would grate. I realize that all of the hosts have to watch the monitors, but they're far more subtle about it.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Valued Contributor

i just realized that i haven't spent any money since lisas departure. woohoo!

thanks lisa!

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

I did not ""adore"" LR and I chose to never watch her.

Super Contributor

I liked watching Lisa as a host, I like watching Shawn as a host. They have two completely different personalities and styles of presenting. Both have their own strengths as well as weaknesses, and each of them had moments where they came across as animated. I think that could be said of all the hosts. I believe Shawn and Lisa are genuine people and true friends outside the walls of the Q. Shawn is not supposed to be a clone for Lisa, she is great just being herself, just like Lisa was great being herself. I find it creepy that so many people are obsessed with what Lisa will do next. She was at the Q for many years, did her job well, it was time for her to move on to the next chapter of her life. Why can't people just wish her well and be done with it? I suppose with someone as polarizing as Lisa was (seems people either loved her or couldn't stand her) it gives people something to speculate about, but it's seriously time to get over it. It's sad that one person's life and every move are over analyzed and under such scrutiny. If Lisa blows her nose there are those people that wanted to know what type of tissue she used. Let her be, move on, find some better way to spend your energy. It seems Lisa is living her life and enjoying her transitional time, that should be all people are concerned with.

Honored Contributor
I liked Lisa. I thought she was a good host. I don't watch qvc much anymore but it's not due to Lisa's departure
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/14/2015 croemer said:
On 1/14/2015 I am still oxox said:

Sorry but Lisa was a huge phony in my NYC girl eyes, she always tried to hard and rarely hit the mark. She was 99% fake and less than 1% real

I do not get why she is so adored by so many here

Because some liked her...she had humor, was self deprecating and was good at her job(in the opinion of some of us)...just like everything in life...some do...some don't.

I have nothing against Lisa. OXOX is a NYC gal, I am an LA/Hollywood native. Lisa was just average in looks because so many from all over the globe come here to try their hand at the entertainment industry. To me she is just another sales girl and there are Oodles of lovely sales girls here. I did see through her phony sales ploys but that was her job to convince others so let loose their dollars.

I don't see where liking or disliking is even asked for. It's just selling or presenting an item/product that is involved. I don't know why so many think that drama has to be involved with a main character.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

how many sales 'girls' make over 1 million per year.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 Smaug said:

Another opportunity thread to say something about Lisa. One would think people would move on since she's no longer with the Q. I guess not. The withdrawal symptoms must be horrid. lol

On this I agree with you 100%! To quote an overplayed song...........Let it go.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 seidlines said:

I would just like to give my own personal opinion on Lisa. Lisa was not only very pretty but also very professional in her presentations and that is why everyone adored her. When I found out that Shawn was going to be her replacement it took me by surprise. The only time I watch a program when she is a host is when Isaac Mazrahi is on. She makes herself better and constantly talks down to him. He is a famous designer and she is a high priced salesperson so it shows her lack of respect. There are other hosts who would have been a better replacement than Shawn. Also. disappointed that Courtney did not stay on and possibly work with Sandra Bennett who are both very sweet.

This is not only my opinion...

What a strange post.

Just sayin'!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

I love Shawn, she is nothing like Lisa. And I wouldn't call Isaac a "famous designer". So OP signs up just to rag on Shawn, hmmm.