Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson . Off topic

[ Edited ]

(deleted by poster)

Honored Contributor

How long is the train ride from Syria to Romania?

Honored Contributor

Believe it or not, the only train I've taken in Europe was into East Berlin (circa 1971).  You want to talk about a trip!

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Seriously, I challenge you to make one  post, just one, under two paragraphs or 5 lines. A nice, succinct post. You often make excellent points but many may miss them because we get tired of reading such lengthy posts all the time. Just try it, you might like it. ;o)

I'm glad you read my posts and know that they're loaded in good stuff.

I think I'm fine the way I am right now, though. But I appreciate the perspective. Although, I think a person can always either choose to read a post thoroughly or skim it - or even skip it. So it isn't realllly bugging anyone (who doesn't wish to be bugged, that is).

And besides, I took speed reading as a child. I'm veeeerrryy good at reading tons of stuff quickly and with amazing comphrension. Its a skill that I recommend to everyone I know. Smiley Happy

And on the flip side, one sees few succinct short posts, overall. A lot leave people trying to determine the detail of what prompted a user to use such'n'such a word or turn of phrase...leading to perhaps not one LONG entry but to 100 brief ones just trying to get to the person's point.

"She's an idiot" might be succincr but its not really saying much other than the poster can't bother articulating more or even thinking much about the subject at hand.

So while succinct has its place, its not always everything.

I know its a morse code text world but we're not texting.

HA, so that would be a " no, I don't want to take the challenge". See, succinct. ;o)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

(deleted by poster)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

(deleted by poster)

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Believe it or not, the only train I've taken in Europe was into East Berlin (circa 1971).  You want to talk about a trip!

What brought you into East Berlin back then? You'd best explain it fully before certain posters might start to think you went there to eerily and creepily stalk Walter Ulbrict or anything like that. lol

Our dad had the brainy idea to venture in to East Germany as tourists.  I was verrrry young.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@surfk wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

HA, so that would be a " no, I don't want to take the challenge". See, succinct. ;o)

It isn't that I don't want to take the challenge. It is, instead, the fact that I don't consider it to be a challenge.

Succinctness may matter to some people. But semantics matter to other people. Smiley Wink

We will have to agree to disagree, as in my opinion, you can have both- they aren't mutually exclusive. My point being is that your points are often lost as many on the forums say that they don't read posts that are lengthy and since you have some great points, it is unfortunate that they will be missed by so many. I must admit, even I am not reading the more lengthy ones these days. Not that you care if I do or don't, lol. Take care! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Please explain to me why a UK tabloid should post about her?  SHe was on US  TV not UK??? She is not a movie star ,nor an international figure..There is an old saying Large minds discuss  theorys, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

I have suspected all along that Lisa's publicist is getting a lot of stuff about Lisa put out there to keep her name in the spotlight.  There would be no reason for an article to be written in a UK tabloid about Lisa.  Many of the comments under the article were asking who "these people" even were.  

I don't think Lisa or her publicist ever thought the DM would investigate her boyfriend and print all that stuff about him.

When Lisa posted on her FB page that she would no longer be putting anything on FB about him, she said the article hurt her feelings very much but it didn't bother him at all.  

Frequent Contributor

There is a sad need to stay relevant and to fish for compliments.  I love LR but she posts things to get a reaction.  There is no need to post pictures of an outfit except to get people to talk about your Birkin or LV bags. There is no reason to ask about a your choice in a bathroom mirror except to show off your marble bathroom. She has worked hard for a beautiful home and nice material things. I just don't get how she shows off everthing and everybody on her Facebook page...yet asks for privacy and time off when super fans and haters ask questions. There were several times when she posted pictures of private info that could have been used by a stalker.  Pictures of her Xmas tablescape that showed cars parked outside her window, street and neighbors houses. Pictures of mail on her desk. People had to tell her to take them down because information could be gained through photo enlargement. Super fans say we are haters. I say I'm concerned for a stalker survivor that keeps putting personal information out to stay relevant so super fans don't think she is gone. Overall, Lisa should remember money talks and wealth whispers.