Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson . Off topic

Why yes Mellie, I mean EVERYONE.  With age comes wisdom and since I'm about the same age now as you were when you started here, I've learned silence is best.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Super Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Why yes Mellie, I mean EVERYONE.  With age comes wisdom and since I'm about the same age now as you were when you started here, I've learned silence is best.

I didn't realize you could age backwards.  What's the item number for that?

I teach - what's your superpower?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not sure why anyone feels sorry for LR???She has created this herself. What kind of person posts excessive photos of themselves for attention and adoration. She clearly craves attention and she wants people to know about her life. She, herself, makes it public. What is remarkable is the way that her FB "friends" (QVC shoppers) behave. I went on after a friend told me to look at something (she found funnny....posts from earlier today regarding her "absence") and it's almost sick- What is the fascination?THis is a person you don't know? People were "worried/concerned" because an ex TV salesperson didn't post for 10 hrs....OMG, call the police...it's clearly an emergecy!!! It's almost unimaginable- grown women making comments as though they have a school girl crush. It's bizarre. Do these women have any idea how ridiculous they sound?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

ITA luvmycats, I was a victim of a stalker for years and he finally died in 2000, I certainly lived very privately. LR lets people into her life so you take the consequences. I don't do Facebook but read these posts...I don't see the fascination. Sounds like adolescent behavior to me.
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

Not sure why anyone feels sorry for LR???She has created this herself. What kind of person posts excessive photos of themselves for attention and adoration. She clearly craves attention and she wants people to know about her life. She, herself, makes it public. What is remarkable is the way that her FB "friends" (QVC shoppers) behave. I went on after a friend told me to look at something (she found funnny....posts from earlier today regarding her "absence") and it's almost sick- What is the fascination?THis is a person you don't know? People were "worried/concerned" because an ex TV salesperson didn't post for 10 hrs....OMG, call the police...it's clearly an emergecy!!! It's almost unimaginable- grown women making comments as though they have a school girl crush. It's bizarre. Do these women have any idea how ridiculous they sound?

Your comments are spot on. GREAT post! And YES, her fans are ridiculous and WAY over the top.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvingit wrote:
I don't understand her being so affected by the article. Isn't this what comes with fame? And you just ignore it? If the Mail critiqued her cooking, would she stop posting about her food, too? When you're in the public eye, I think you learn not to be so sensitive to the press. My opinion? She was never serious with Erik. He was window dressing

The article didn't criticize her cooking...it laid out her boyfriend's divorce and financial problems...VERY creepy article, IMO.

I can see why she would stop "sharing" after that!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

(deleted by poster)

Respected Contributor

I can appreciate the OP's point. It makes sense that, if someone has been pursued by a stalker, that the victim would go out of their way NOT to post personal information.

Lisa should just say she's not going to share every detail of her life. We're not her friends, her confidantes.

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:
ITA luvmycats, I was a victim of a stalker for years and he finally died in 2000, I certainly lived very privately. LR lets people into her life so you take the consequences. I don't do Facebook but read these posts...I don't see the fascination. Sounds like adolescent behavior to me.

But that's not Lisa Robertson, perse, or Lisa Robertson in a bubble doing something at all out of the ordinary.

Millions of people around the world have a facebook page. Its almost as common as being in the phone book had been decades ago. Its the way of the world now. People have facebook pages.

So to dump a lot of "creepy" feeling about facebook or social media onto Lisa Robertson or anyone who might read her page is sort of over the top in my opinion.

Do some people over share their personal info? Sure.

Do some people share personal photos too freely sometimes? Sure.

Do some people make posts about their daily dealings which the next ten people might not? Sure.

But its the way of social media today. And nothing intrinsically to do with Lisa Robertson.

In fact, most news organizations will first turn to a person's facebook page for some vague sense of detail or sense of the person. Read many a'CNN news story online and they often even LINK readers to a subject-in-the-news' facebook page (if it continues to remain up).

Recently a group of Irish students died in a balcony collapse in California. The news articles about each of them pointed directly to their facebook pages.

If a person is or has been stalked, then, of course, minimally he or she will set their facebook to private settings. Or they may shy away from it altogether (harder and harder to do as time marches on and its the method of contact for a lot of people today).

Lisa Robertson, despite her history with stalkers, is a public figure and also has a career to tend to. That rather requires a public face or in this case facebook. If she over-shares then maybe she might want to think about that. But does she?

Is showing a new shoe or some flowers - too much detail?

Most other things are posted retroactively. "I went to the movies LAST night..." or "I had a party LAST week."

That makes all the difference as compared to some people who post, "I'm leaving for Romania tonight on the 8 o'clock train out of Syria. My compartment number is my lucky 6! Its going to be a GREAT trip...its the only train leaving Syria this week. 'Can't wait to see my hotel in Romania. Its suppose to be very old and charming. Its the Dracula Inn and is suppose to not even have telephones, let alone, any sort of ability to call for help (should a vampire fly in - LOL). 'Can't wait to be on that isolated hilltop!!!! I'll continue to be gone from my house for the next six whole weeks. 'Hope my neighbors find my key under the mat so they can get in to feed Bubbles, my fish! See'yaaaa!"

(By the way, personally, I find it creepier when some certain Q forum users seem to follow other Q forum users all around and continue to make posts in threads which they find of no interest to them. And creepier still when certain Q forum users who use other forum sites to do their plotting as a group as to what they'll target or gang up on next back at Q forums. That creepiness is often overlooked by many more naive Q forum users. But it is the case. And often the piece of the puzzle many users don't know about or even consider. Off-site plotting at different forums is how certain Q forum users seem to all be on the same page at the same time all prepared to attack. Its why they know what or who their cohorts are so well...and when they're on...and how they all happen to zero on certain threads...while it remains mystifying to those only looking at their Q forum posts for clues. They actually plot at other sites (there are a few they're known to use) as to how they'll get their jollies back at Q forums. It goes on all the time. And is reeeeeealllly stalkerish and creepy).

Seriously, I challenge you to make one  post, just one, under two paragraphs or 5 lines. A nice, succinct post. You often make excellent points but many may miss them because we get tired of reading such lengthy posts all the time. Just try it, you might like it. ;o)

Trusted Contributor

I actually am beginning to feel sorry for Lisa.  From what I've read and the few photos I've seen on her Facebook page, I think she's a lost, lonely woman right now.  I think she was of the opinion that she was going to be in high demand in the workplace, but that doesn't appear to be the case.  I think she may have made a mistake when she left QVC.  I find it very odd that she continues to post pictures of herself showing "what she's wearing" on a particular day.  She just seems to have "issues" to me -- one being the extreme need for attention.  Hopefully, things will work out for her and she will be happy in time.