Honored Contributor

Re: 💲 Lisa Marie Presley is Broke! 😮

@SharkEwrote:

see my new ring pics over in Jewelry sections ?

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Jewelry/Bought-me-a-new-ring-today/td-p/4447522

Heading over there right now!

<sound of stilletos running across marble floors>

Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

As we all know, Ms. Spears is still in a conservancy headed by her father.  The only reason she has money is because she is not in control of it.  How much did Scientology get of the Presley fortune?  That is another question to ask. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivianwrote:

It really is mind-boggling that people with so much money could be so negligent, but it happens all the time. For those who follow figure skating, I just read that Debi Thomas, the first African American to win a medal in the Winter Olympics (bronze in women’s figure skating) is now broke and living in a trailer. After the Olympics she went to medical school and became a practicing physician. She was in such bad debt that she sold her medal, sold her practice, and is still in terrible financial trouble.

@Vivian Debi Thomas suffers with mental illness.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Maybe I am just stupid ,but I feel sorry for many people.  I just read a post calling  addicted people ,lowlifes

You never know what happens to people,  to bring them to the point they fall.  It doesn't cost anything to show them a bit of compassion

Super Contributor

She must have went shopping with Johnny Depp!  Would hate to see their Q card bills!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

Maybe I am just stupid ,but I feel sorry for many people.  I just read a post calling  addicted people ,lowlifes

You never know what happens to people,  to bring them to the point they fall.  It doesn't cost anything to show them a bit of compassion

@cherry  You are not stupid, cherry.  It's the folks who look down their noses on any person less fortunate or not of some perceived high horse status who are the stupid people. 

It's true; from the panhandlers to the substance abuse addicted to those who have lost their finances-the list goes on.  Whether a person caused his/her own problems isn't the issue; the issue is stooping down to lend a hand.  We can't save the world but we sure as shoot can light that one little candle. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh