Valued Contributor

Re: 💲 Lisa Marie Presley is Broke! 😮

Can't say I feel bad for her.  Too much $$$ and no control

Honored Contributor

I think she sold Graceland to a business media corp and only retains a small smidgen. 

Honored Contributor

I have a hard time believing when people say others in charge of their money squandered it.  Lisa is an adult and appears to be of sound mind.  Sure she has a lot more money then the average Joe, but she didn't check her money once in thirteen years.

Honored Contributor

I've been reading she's a troubled person for years.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18wrote:

I have a hard time believing when people say others in charge of their money squandered it.  Lisa is an adult and appears to be of sound mind.  Sure she has a lot more money then the average Joe, but she didn't check her money once in thirteen years.

@GCR18, know nothing about this or its merit, but innocent people do get swindled by money managers quite often.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

When you have a significant amount of money, you need to hire someone good and who you trust to take care of your finances.I would want to be notified of any activity in my accounts and would want briefings from the person taking care of my money. I don't like that Priscilla still trades off the Presley name. She never remarried, so she keeps the name, and wasn't his widow as they were divorced. I don't know if she was named in the will, but the bulk of the assets should have gone to Lisa Marie, his only child.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So what was she doing all this time to pay attention to her holdings? I mean, why would you give one man complete carte blanche to do with her money what he pleased. Am I supposed to feel sorry for this grown woman? Good lord, even I would know not to just trust that everything is managed correctly. And why on earth would she sell 85% of a sure thing?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder how long this guy, Siegal, had been her money manager.  It's been over a decade since he went bankrupt with that first company.

Of course, Elvis was going to leave Priscilla in his will.  They had a minor child together.  Priscilla still had to raise Lisa Marie, I think she was around 10 when her dad died.

Why leave Priscilla out of it?

From all accounts, he died without much money in the bank.  He was pretty charged up to his ears in debt and didn't handle his money too well.  

I believe Priscilla was the one who got her act together and got his estate and Graceland out of the hole and made it a moneymaker.

True, the money to be made was for the both of them.  She was paid handsomely, I'm sure for her involvement in turning it into a thriving business, and rightfully so.

Lisa Marie wasn't able to attain any (much) of her inheritance until she was 25, I think.

Unfortunately, it's hard to learn how to be a responsible multi-millionaire, at a young age.

Lisa Marie still has young children from that last marriage.  I know there was a custody battle over them.  I don't know how that turned out.  I believe they are still minors.

It's hard to believe she would be penniless, just start selling some property, girlfriend.  I can't imagine Priscilla would let her live on the streets, either.

I feel like this happens a lot, but we never hear about how it turns out.

Respected Contributor

Image result for funny wah gif

Esteemed Contributor

Last I heard, she was being sued for support by her latest ex-husband.

I imagine she's pleading poverty to save herself the $$$$ she might have to fork over to him.