Honored Contributor

Linda Tripp, IMO, was a very brave woman back then!  May she Rest in Peace!

Respected Contributor

Re: Linda Tripp R.I.P.

[ Edited ]

I can't keep quiet about this. 

Linda Tripp was not just a whistle blower.  She did not just go tell someone about Bill and Monica.  That is what she should have done.  But no, she took the initiative to illegally and willingly tape phone conversations, knowing the impact it could have.  

She recorded phone calls and pretended to be Monica's confidant and best friend.  All the while trying to get potentially damaging and sensational information.  Taking it way further than it needed to be.  It was despicable.  I believe she had charges against her in the end.

I blame BC more than anyone - Monica was young and impressionable, but not without blame either.  But she was twice the person Linda was.

But what Linda Tripp did was show her true character, or lack there of it to a high degree.  It was reprehensible how she decided to handle this.  She did get her 15 minutes of fame, though. I remember her getting a lot of plastic surgery afterwards.  She did look good.

Maybe she changed over the years, I would hope so. 

My thoughts only on this, but I remember it well, when it happened.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monica's actions affected Monica's life - put the responsibility on the two peoplle where it belongs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coco14 wrote:

Monica's actions affected Monica's life - put the responsibility on the two peoplle where it belongs.

I did if will you read my post.  I'm not "blaming" Linda Tripp for the situation, it solely rests on the 2 participants.  But Linda Tripp involved herself in a less than respectable way.

*part of my post says: "I blame BC (Bill) more than anyone - Monica was young and impressionable, but not without blame either. "

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I don't wish suffering on anybody.That being said Monica Lewinsky was more forgiving that I would be. That woman betrayed her in the worst possible way.I don't believe she had any redeeming qualities.She now has to face her god,& answer for her betrayal.

Monica was the victim of a predator. Linda Tripp was very courageous!!!!!

Valued Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I don't wish suffering on anybody.That being said Monica Lewinsky was more forgiving that I would be. That woman betrayed her in the worst possible way.I don't believe she had any redeeming qualities.She now has to face her god,& answer for her betrayal.

How was she courageous?  How was Monica's life improved by what she did?  Tripp exposed the affair for political reasons.  That's not courageous it's opportunistic.  

Honored Contributor

The impeachment process is what made Monica a household name and laughing stock.  

Valued Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

I wasn't responding to your post.

Honored Contributor

two consenting adults.....one nosy supposed friend......what could go wrong?

EVERYTHING!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@kivah  Linda Tripp had two motives none of which were courageous.The first was political. The second was that she wanted her 15 minutes of fame.In the end it came back to bite her.She was no hero!!!