Honored Contributor

I remember that she was the epitome of betrayal back then, but I recently read that she said she did it to protect Monica and she would do it all over again."

She was a "Me Too"

Movement advocate before there was one, a reporter commented.

That is a new perspective. I don't know if true but a new way to think of it, and I can see it that way too.

Maybe we all judged her too harshly?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

A gracious tweet from Monica Lewinski before Tripp's death:

no matter the past, upon hearing that linda tripp is very seriously ill, i hope for her recovery. i can’t imagine how difficult this is for her family.

That truly was gracious considering how Linda's actions affected Monica's life.

It wasn't Linda's actions but someone who was very powerful.

@Hoovermom   Agree. 

Monica's tweet is gracious. Yet Monica was responsible for Monica.  The whole sordid mess would have come out with or without Linda.

Linda also paid a price and did not live such a peaceful life in the years following the scandal, including her lawsuit against the admin. for leaking her private info.

Neither Monica nor Linda were winners in that mess; only one person skated away unscathed and it wasn't the women.

RIP, Linda and peace to Monica.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Seventy is too young--and some say she did wrong by betraying a confidence, but she did "expose" (no pun intended) someone who needed to be taught a lesson.  RIP

Honored Contributor

Re: Linda Tripp R.I.P.

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I don't wish suffering on anybody.That being said Monica Lewinsky was more forgiving that I would be. That woman betrayed her in the worst possible way.I don't believe she had any redeeming qualities.She now has to face her god,& answer for her betrayal.

@NicksmomESQ   I guess the two adulterers will face the same god when their turns come up.

Adultery isn't a redeeming quality, either.

I'll let the Universe sort it all out. 

Esteemed Contributor

Great posts @Cakers3   Happy Easter to you and yours. Be well, stay safe. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda   All the best to you, too.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I don't wish suffering on anybody.That being said Monica Lewinsky was more forgiving that I would be. That woman betrayed her in the worst possible way.I don't believe she had any redeeming qualities.She now has to face her god,& answer for her betrayal.

@NicksmomESQ   I guess the two adulterers will face the same god when their turns come up.

Adultery isn't a redeeming quality, either.

I'll let the Universe sort it all out. 

@Cakers3   I don't condone adultery,never have.But two wrongs don't make a right. Tripp's motives were political. She set up her friend. She should have minded her own da** business.

Super Contributor

Well said Cakers 👍

There is a saying  - When you point 1 finger at someone 

3 are point back at you.  

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I remember that she was the epitome of betrayal back then, but I recently read that she said she did it to protect Monica and she would do it all over again."

She was a "Me Too"

Movement advocate before there was one, a reporter commented.

That is a new perspective. I don't know if true but a new way to think of it, and I can see it that way too.

Maybe we all judged her too harshly?

@on the bay   It's interesting (but not surprising) that Linda takes the hit more than the other two parties.

I found the whole mess sordid - from the dress to Monica's naive thinking to the embarrassment of the wife and child to the definition of "is" and on and on.

Nobody was innocent in this; but Linda seems to pay the heavier price.

I'll sit on my hands about that issue since I have already spoken.

RIP Linda.  May the future for Monica be one of peace.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

She died from pancreatic cancer.

It’s been such a surge of pancreatic cancer lately! And it affects even non drinkers.